Looking for a great vegan bakery where you can order awesome vegan desserts, cookies, cakes, cupcakes, pies, donuts, muffins, cinnamon rolls, and more? Welcome to our guide featuring the best online vegan bakers who can ship to your door. Many of these vegan bakeries offer gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free, sugar-free, and allergen-free options.
Can we agree that baked gifts are the best vegan gifts? We are so lucky to be living in a time of talented vegan bakers who wish to share their tasty treats with us! From cookies and cakes to brownies and bundts, there are dozens of delicious delicacies to satisfy every sweet tooth. And guess what? They can be shipped to your doorstep (or a friend’s) so you don’t even need to leave the couch.
We are blown away by the sheer number of sensational vegan bakeries that exist online. Not only do the shops sell the most delectable desserts and super cute sweets, but they also feature freshly baked breads, rolls, and even appetizers. We love how each vegan bakery-style is unique with oodles of options!
How Do I Find A Vegan Bakery Near Me?
There are local vegan bakeries sprouting up all around the world—in almost every major city you can find a very vegan-friendly bakery, if not an exclusively vegan bakery (or several)! If you travel to one of the hottest vegan cities like New York, San Francisco, Austin, Chicago, Seattle, Cleveland, Berkeley, Oakland, London, or Chile, you’ll have more vegan bakeries nearby than you can fit in a weekend.
We love the Happy Cow phone app which is similar to Yelp but specifically geared toward vegan and vegan-friendly establishments. If you’re traveling—or just looking for the best local vegan bakeries or eateries near you—Happy Cow can point you to them. In fact, when you pull up this handy app on your phone, it will show you all the closest vegan hotspots, the exact distance from you, star ratings and reviews, and you can even pull up a map with directions to get there.
There are also several mainstream chains that offer vegan baked goods, such as Whole Foods Market. Whole Foods has custom made vegan cakes you can order for any celebration, as well as cupcakes, and often cookies, doughnuts, puddings, and beyond.
Enjoy These Convenient Confections!
I hope this lengthy list will help you to choose the best vegan bakery for your needs. We’ve included the location, just in case you’re able to visit or pick up in person. Select shops also offer specialty services or personalization on their cookies or cakes.
Just beware that you may end up buying a bunch of gourmet goodies for yourself!
Bountiful Vegan Bakery List — Vegan Bakers Who Offer Nationwide Shipping & Home Delivery
- Coco Love Vegan Cookies – Los Angeles, CA (cakes, rolls, pies, breads, danish, fritters, brownies, cookies, cookie cakes, lemon bars)
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery – New York, NY (refined sugar-free, gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free vegan cupcakes, cakes, donuts, loaves, cookies, muffins, mounds, brownies, soft serve)
- Fat Badger Bakery – Pipersville, PA (delicious individually-wrapped vegan cookies that ship in cute boxes by the dozen. They have fun seasonal flavors like maple glazed pumpkin cookies for fall and a special winter holiday box with the most chewy delicious vegan brownies. They also have a wide variety of year-round cookie collections, and gift certificates. Great for gifts, events, and company parties. Their vanilla bean cookies are our favorite!)
- Hale Life Bakery – Clearwater and Tampa, FL (gluten-free, allergen-friendly vegan bread, waffles, rolls, donuts, cookies, brownies, buns, bundts)
- Jalen’s Bakery – Fresno, CA (12-year-old owner, cookies, apparel)
- Karma Baker – Westlake Village, CA (love this bakery—always gluten-free vegan cakes, cookies, donuts, pies, and tarts. They have really fun vegan dessert boxes that make great gifts. Our favorites include their cake in a jar, cakesicles, pink donuts with sprinkles, and cake pops. They all travel very well and can be frozen for up to three months after they arrive.)
- Lush Life Vegan Bakery – Madison, WI (cookies, cakes, cinnamon rolls, gift cards)
- Maya’s Cookies – San Diego, CA (vegan cookies, merch, accessories, gift cards, gluten-free options)
- Naturally Sweet Desserts – PA (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, donuts, muffins)
- Shyah’s Vegan Bakery – Raleigh, NC (cakes, rolls, brownies, cookie dough, donuts, cookies, loaves, muffins, breads)
- Sinful Bakery – Houston, TX (bars, cookies, granola, cinnamon rolls, pies, loaves, cupcakes, muffins, platters)
- Southern Roots Vegan Bakery – San Antonio, TX (cookies, donuts, brownies, rolls, gift cards)
- Sticky Fingers Eats & Sweets – Washington, D.C. (cupcakes, cakes, drinks, shakes, bakery sweets, brunch, sandwiches, wraps, appetizers)
- The Naughty Cookie – Online only (luxury vegan cookies)
- Tubby’s Taste – Northern Illinois (cookies, subscription box, gift card)
- Yvonne’s Vegan Kitchen – Los Angeles / Orange County/ San Diego, CA (gluten-free vegan cakes, cookies, pies, platters, cheese, donuts)
Tens of thousands of people are searching for a “vegan bakery near me” or “vegan desserts near me” every month. Let’s celebrate the best vegan bakeries and vegan bakers meeting these needs and serving plant-based treats to the people!
Have you ordered vegan baked goods online from any of the bakeries listed above (or others not listed)? Let us know what you loved (or what you didn’t)! Did we miss your favorite vegan bakery? We invite you to share in the comments below.
Author’s Pick: My choice for gifts is a box of beautifully packaged vegan cookies from Fat Badger Bakery! My choice for a treat for myself is either a super warm cinnamon bun with gobs of glossy icing and insane amounts of sweet cinnamon from Lush Life Vegan Bakery or a sinful square of dark chocolate fudgey brownie chock full of walnuts from Coco Luv Cookies…droooool. The vegan donuts from Karma Baker are also divine, and they travel beautifully in the mail! (Must stop writing so I can order these asap!)
Store-Bought Vegan Cookies, Cakes, Cupcakes & More
The passionate vegan bakeries above are all phenomenal small businesses worthy of support, but let’s face it. Sometimes we just want to swing by our local grocery store and pick up some vegan cupcakes or a last-minute vegan birthday cake. If you don’t have time to place an order in advance and wait for delivery, here are some great brands and options you can find in stores!
- Abe’s Muffins (delicious vegan muffins, cakes, and pound cakes made without eggs, nuts, milk, sesame, or soy)
- Better Bites Bakery (chocolate covered vegan cookie dough, vegan hostess cupcakes, and cakes that are certified vegan, plant-based, non-GMO, kosher, and gluten-free)
- Eat Pastry (store-bought vegan cookie dough)
- MadeGood (soft baked mini cookies in snack packs for kids)
- Maxine’s Heavenly Cookies (naturally sweetened and gluten-free)
- No No Cookie (chewy vegan cookies without gluten, dairy, eggs, and hydrogenated oils)
- No Whey Chocolate – Lakewood, NJ (free of dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, gluten, eggs, and soy with no artificial flavors or colors, kosher, candies, chocolates, gift boxes, snacks, seasonal)
- Sweet Loren’s (vegan cookie dough that’s dairy-free, gluten-free, tree nut free, peanut free)
- Uncle Eddie’s Vegan Cookies – Online and many locations across several states
Vegan-Friendly Bakeries List (not all of their baked goods are vegan)
- Baked by Melissa – New York (vegan cupcake gift boxes)
- Creek House Chocolates – Etsy (vegan gourmet chocolate gift boxes)
- Cute as a Cupcake – Merrillville, IN (3 vegan cupcakes)
- GoldBelly – New York, NY (gourmet cakes, jars, breads)
- Greyston Bakery – Brooklyn, NY (vegan brownie pack)
- Guilt-Free Pastries – Memphis, TN (cinnamon rolls, donuts, merch, gift cards, custom orders)
- Madeline & Pearl – Los Angeles, CA (some vegan cookies, brownies, loaves, bars)
- Southern Girl Desserts – Los Angeles, CA (7 options for vegan cupcakes)
- The Cupcake Collection – Nashville, TN or New Orleans, LA (1 vegan option for a celebration cake or cupcake)
Whether you’re searching for the perfect treat for a treasured friend or trying to curb your own cookie cravings, these online vegan bakeries are the bomb! Just a couple of clicks brings your cupcakes one step closer and can (and must be!) purchased in your My Little Pony pajamas.
You’re not only supporting small businesses but also making a conscious decision to choose vegan and cruelty-free desserts. Comment below and share your favorite online vegan bakeries or even just your experience shopping for sweets online. We’d love to know which decadent desserts bring you the most delight!
Best Reasons to Buy from Vegan Bakers & Bakeries
Last-Minute Vegan Gifts
Just find out about Erin’s engagement or Jacob’s new job promotion? Gifting a dozen congratulatory cupcakes is a fast and fantastic way to show your support.
Birthday Blunders & Last-Minute Vegan Birthday Cakes
Let’s admit it. Sometimes we forget and we need a gift PRONTO! Vegan birthday cakes are not always the easiest to find locally—and you may not have time to bake a vegan cake from scratch—so online shops are a splendid solution.
Supporting Small Vegan Businesses
You’re not only satisfying a serious cookie craving, but also helping to keep a small business alive. Let local vegan bakeries know that they’re the best by supporting them through online orders.
Love Variety? Leave it to the Professional Vegan Bakers!
I’ll be honest. I can make a nice vegan cookie, brownie or cupcake. Are they amazing? Yes. Do I enjoy them? Sure. Once in a while, though, I want a cookie that takes all of my cares away without the work—with enough gooey richness to cause a cookie coma for days to come. That, my friends, can only be gifted by a brilliant baker.
“Thinking of You” Thoughtfulness
Every now and then, it’s kind to send a gift for no reason at all. Just a tiny token to say “I’m thinking of you.” Rest assured your recipient will really appreciate your loving gesture.
Heck, It’s the Holidays!
A gift of scrumptious sweets and perfect pastries is guaranteed to be a hit for any holiday. Not only will the person enjoy every bakery bite, it also helps to keep down the pile of not-so-perfect presents that might be headed to the charity shop.
You can also order baked goods for your own holiday celebrations! Whether you’re shopping for Christmas, Hanukkah, Easter, Halloween, or any other occasion, vegan holiday cookies and treats are always a winner.
Too Busy to Bother Baking from Scratch
Sure, you can probably bake your own cookies or cupcakes. Maybe even vegan doughnuts. But, let’s face it, every so often we just can’t be bothered. Once in a while, use your lazy laptop to select your sweets. (Impatiently waiting by the door and drooling until they arrive…)
Conscious Choice to Shop Vegan
To me, this is the best reason to buy from an online vegan bakery. Our actions tell the world, in a direct and serious way, how important this issue is to us. With our hearts and minds, we are choosing to 100% support those who care for animals and their welfare.
Vegan Baked Good Recipes
If you’ve got the time and access to a kitchen, we highly recommend whipping up some of these delicious vegan desserts. These are a few of our favorite vegan baked good recipes!
- Basic Vegan Birthday Cake
- Vegan Pop Tarts Recipe
- Fudgy Vegan Brownies
- Vegan Crumb Muffins
- Pumpkin Muffins with Chocolate Chips
- Vegan Lemon Olive Oil Cake
- Vegan Sufganiyot Jelly Donuts
- Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie
Best Homemade Vegan Cookies
What’s better than the sweet smell of fresh bakes cookies? Here are a few of our favorite recipes to try.
- Easy Vegan Chocolate Chips Cookies
- Best-Ever Vegan Oatmeal Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Easy Vegan Gingersnap Cookies
Pssst…are you a chocolate lover? Don’t miss our vegan chocolate guide where you can find a list of vegan-friendly brands and the best vegan chocolate options for fellow chocoholics.
This Vegan Bakery guide was written by Gina House and Michelle Cehn, copyright of World of Vegan™. Photos featuring vegan bakeries were taken by Michelle Cehn. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which supports our work at World of Vegan.