If you thought that by becoming vegan you would have to give up on your beloved weekend breakfast frittata, then think again! We have the perfect recipe for you! It uses a super simple, affordable, and packed with plant-based protein ingredient, tofu. You can add any veggies you have on hand and spices you love.Print
This vegan frittata uses tofu as the main ingredient and it’s so delicious you won’t even recognize the flavor. Add any veggies you like and have with a side salad for a perfect lunch.
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup of vegetable broth
- 12 ounces of asparagus, tips only cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (14 ounces) can artichoke hearts in water, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup of water
- 14 ounces of firm tofu, drained
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a spring form pan.
- Heat the broth in a medium sauté pan. Add the onion and garlic. Stir in the asparagus, tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- In a food processor, add the tofu, water, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
- Add the mixture to the saucepan with the vegetables.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spoon into a spring form pan. Bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Keywords: frittata, vegan frittata, eggless, egg free frittata, vegan brunch recipe, quiche, vegan quiche
Stephanie Dryer is the brain behind this delicious recipe:
I love, love, love brunch! As a mom of three, it’s not something I get to indulge in often, as Saturday and Sunday mornings are busy with the kids’ activities, friend birthday parties, and family outings. But, oh how I savor a great frittata. It’s the quintessential item on my brunch menu, and I have even been known to serve them for dinner!
With Spring upon us, it’s the perfect opportunity to chop up some of my favorite veggies of the season and bake them in a frittata. This particular recipe has artichoke hearts, asparagus, and sun-dried tomatoes. It sings Spring to me and tastes like it too!
What is a Fritatta?
A frittata (usually made with eggs) is a like a quiche without the crust. Or a tofu scramble without the scramble. Or an omelet without the folding. Ok, it’s not as mysterious as it sounds though. It’s basically a base of tofu (in this case) with veggies and seasonings which is baked in a skillet or pan. There are other vegan versions of this typical brunch or lunch dish which are made with a base of chickpea flour.
Cook your veggies in a pan with the broth!
In a food processor, add the tofu, water, and nutritional yeast. Blend until smooth.
Serve and enjoy!
More Vegan Brunch Recipes?
Vegan Frittata recipe by Stephanie Dreyer. Photos by Zhoro Apostolov for World of Vegan. Recipe and photographs copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Please note that this article contains affiliate links which support our work at World of Vegan!