This recipe is brought to you by our super-creative recipe developer Toni Okamoto from Plant Based on a Budget. Today she is sharing how to make a dish (literally) out of vegan chocolate. These handcrafted chocolate bowls transform a simple bowl of ice cream into an elegant, artistic, and thoughtful dessert that is incredibly fun to eat. It’s guaranteed to wow your friends, loved ones, or whoever is lucky enough to receive one. Here’s how it’s done!
- 12 oz bag vegan chocolate chips
- 4 balloons
- Pint of non-dairy vanilla ice cream
- Berries of your choice
- Mint for garnish
- Blow up the balloons into desired bowl size.
- Heat 2 cups chocolate chips in the microwave for 1½ minutes or until completely melted. Stir to remove lumps.
- Dip balloon in chocolate three quarters of the way.
- Place in freezer for five minutes, or until completely hardened.
- Pop and remove the balloon.
- Serve with favorite vegan vanilla ice cream, berries, and mint.
Chocolate Bowls: The dreamiest of desserts!
Imagine biting into the crunch of the hard chocolate and moving onto the creaminess of the ice cream! Crunch and smoothness are two of the must-have textures on an amazing dessert. You can fill it up with any vegan ice cream you prefer but make sure it’s soft enough to start melting a bit right before serving. Vanilla is always a winner but you could venture with salted caramel if you’re feeling ultra fancy. The truth is anything sounds good when there is crunchy chocolate involved. Am I right?
Top it with some berries or sprinkle with some nuts and drizzle some caramel sauce on top! And voila! You have the dreamiest dessert! You won’t find many recipes as smooth and as crowd-pleasing as this one. Who doesn’t love chocolate bowls?
So give these a try and let us know how it went!
Note: while it’s easy to find vegan chocolate, it takes some additional effort to find chocolate that has been sourced humanely, from workers who are paid and treated fairly. Take a look at the Food Empowerment Project chocolate list to see a selection of vegan chocolate companies that you can trust.
Want to indulge with more yummy chocolaty recipes? Check these out: