We’re always on the look out for healthy food hacks that taste like indulgent treats, but are packed with nutrients and are nourishing to the body. We love banana “nice” cream for this reason—it tastes like creamy soft serve but it’s made from nothing more than blended frozen banana. Well, this recipe turns up the indulgence factor a notch—introducing chocolate dipped fruit cones!
These chocolate dipped cones stuffed with fresh fruit are easy and fun to make, and a great alternative to heavy ice cream cones.
In this video Toni Okamoto—founder of Plant-Based on a Budget—will show you just how easy these are to make. We hope you’ll give these kid-friendly summer treats a try! Simply use vegan chocolate and vegan ice cream cones and sprinkles (available at many grocery stores), and you’re in business. Enjoy!
Why You Should Make Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones
Sure, ice cream is a classic go-to for a cool and refreshing treat, but what happens when you run out, are trying to save money, or simply want to eat more fruit? That’s where these chocolate dipped fruit cones come in to save the day!
- A Fun Way to Eat Fruit – Fruit is nature’s candy. It’s full of nutrients, hydration, and flavor and is ideal for staying energized and happy. But sometimes we can either forget to eat fruit or get bored with eating the same old apples and bananas every day. These fruit cones keep things fun and are great for enticing kids to enjoy more fruit as well!
- An Easy Way to Save Money – Sometimes vegan ice cream can get pricey, especially if you’re going through a lot of pints! These chocolate dipped fruit cones will help you save money since the cones, sprinkles, chocolate, and fruit can all go a long way!
- A Great Way to Bond With Loved Ones – Since these cones are so easy to make, they’re a great way to connect with your kids or other loved ones as you assemble the cones together.
How to Serve Up Your Chocolate Dipped Fruit Cones
While these cones are amazing on their own, there are a few ways in which you can enjoy them with other foods and toppings!
- Backyard Picnic Party – These cones would make an amazing dessert at a backyard picnic party! Serve up some eggplant BLTs, fresh picnic pasta salad, and refreshing strawberry peach spritzer for the ultimate vegan summer spread!
- Decadent Drizzle – If you really want to up the ante with these cones, bust out the vegan nutella! If you really want to go a step further, you can dip individual pieces of fruit in melted chocolate and refrigerate them prior to placing in the cones.
- More Fruit, Please – If you’re enjoying these cones on a really hot summer day and need all the fruit you can get, why not serve up a side of fruit salad? Or, if you truly can’t resist, swirl up some nice cream to scoop into your cones or just enjoy on the side.
Check Your Chocolate
Chocolate is one of the most beloved foods in the world—it’s a serotonin booster, a flavor booster, and an essential ingredient for many desserts. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of chocolate out there that comes from child labor but thankfully the Food Empowerment Project has a handy guide to help you make the best chocolate choice possible.
Equipment You’ll Need
- Bowls (one for melting chocolate in, one for dipping sprinkles in)
- Measuring Cups
- Sharp Knife
- Wax Paper
Looking for a super fun way to enjoy fresh fruit on a hot summer day? Let these chocolate dipped cones take you away!
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 package of vegan ice cream cones
- ½ cup of vegan sprinkles
- A colorful variety of fresh fruit, sliced and chopped (mangoes are great because you can slice them so they stick way up out of the cone)
- Melt the chocolate chips using a double broiler or a microwave.
- Dip the cones in the melted chocolate just so the rim is coated, and then dip into a bowl of your favorite sprinkles. You can get creative here and use red-white-and-blue sprinkles for the fourth of July, a party-theme color, your favorite sports team’s colors, etc. Have fun!
- Place the cones chocolate side down on wax paper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Slice a colorful variety of fruits and stuff into the cones and serve!
Keywords: ice cream, summer, fruit, treat, sweet, chocolate, dairy-free, kosher
More Colorful Treats to Try:
- Vegan Creamsicles
- Vegan Matcha Chip Ice Cream
- 3-Ingredient Watermelon Gelato
- Chocolate-Dipped Banana Pops
- Superfood Chocolate Bark With Pecans
Chocolate dipped fruit cones recipe by Toni Okamoto. Article written by Michelle Cehn and Amanda Meth. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which supports our work at World of Vegan.