If you’ve been hoping to find fantastic vegan breakfast recipes, then this is for you! Who doesn’t love the smell of freshly baked granola? Well, what if I told you that you could make it with very few ingredients and with almost zero effort? Life is good! Vegan granola from The Essential Vegan Air Fryer Cookbook by Tess Challis coming right up.Print
This baked granola isn’t gorgeous in the traditional sense—I mean you won’t want to paint or invite it to prom. However, it is gorgeous in its simplicity and flavor. This recipe is oh-so-easy to throw together but super versatile and yummy! You can eat it plain or topped with non-dairy milk, add it to parfaits, cobblers or enjoy alongside baked apples. Or, use it in one of my all-time favorite ways—as a topping for shales or smoothie bowls.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon of neutral-flavored oil (such as refined coconut, sunflower, or safflower)
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla
- Preheat your oven at 258° F
- In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the oats, maple syrup, coconut sugar, oil, salt, cinnamon, and vanilla until thoroughly combined.
- Place it in a 6 inch round, 2-inch deep baking pan and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove, stir well and bake for another 10 minutes. Repeat this step, removing and stirring every 10 minutes for 40 minutes in total, or until the granola is lightly brown and mostly dry. It won’t be totally crisp yet but it will become crisp once transferred to a plate and allowed to cool.
- Store in an airtight container once its completely cooled and crisp. The granola should keep for at least for a week or two in a cool, dry place.
Granola On Everything!
It’s no secret that granola is to die for, but homemade granola is a whole different story! Most of the store-bought brands have a lot of added sugars, and they never taste as heavenly as a freshly baked granola. You can eat this crunchy goodness on anything! Like:
- atop smoothie bowls (or banana nice cream!)
- as a vegan yogurt topping
- with plant milk (my favorite is chilled oat milk!)
- as a topping for oatmeal (or overnight oats!)
- on fresh berries
- plain, as a snack
Those are just a few ideas, but the list could go on and on! When a recipe is this good, you can eat straight from the jar and still be an amazing experience.
If you have any other favorite add-ons like nuts or dried mango, you can add them as you please. Who knows, you may be able to create your version of this granola.
Customizable Baked Granola
We already agreed that one of the coolest parts of making your granola at home is that you can add all your favorite goodies, but if you need a little inspiration, we can give you a few ideas. The general idea is to play with different spices, fruits, nuts, or seeds. So many yummy ingredients to choose from!
- Apple Pie Granola: Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and dried apples!
- Tropical Vibe Granola: Add some sweet dried mango (and/or dried pineapple) and coconut flakes (beware of those, you should add them 5 minutes before the baking is done because of they toast quickly).
- Salted Caramel Granola: Add some dates (or date paste), chopped or flaked almonds, and extra sea salt.
They all sound delicious, right? This granola also makes a great addition to kids’ snacks or packed lunches. I love to make big batches and use them throughout the week. Don’t forget to store it in an airtight container, or you’ll lose the crunch. Give it a try!
About The Cookbook
The Essential Vegan Air Fryer Cookbook couldn’t come at a better time. Air fryers are flying off the shelves, and we’re all looking for ideas on how to make good use of this magical device.
Tess Challis is a longtime vegan chef focused on creating delicious dishes using healthful foods. And now she’s decided to gift us with her genius book full of amazing ideas on how to prepare delicious healthy vegan food with little effort and in a short time! Tess has also authored many other vegan cookbooks to share with the world. She’s a superwoman entrepreneur who helps women live their best life and reach for their dreams.
Looking For More Vegan Breakfast Recipes?
This granola recipe is reprinted with permission from The Essential Vegan Air Fryer Cookbook by Tess Challis, Rockridge Press Inc. 2019. Please note that this article contains affiliate links that help support our work at World of Vegan. Thank you!