This “No Chicken Salad” recipe from Yummy Plants makes an excellent portable meal that can be pulled together in just a few minutes. It is delicious stuffed in pita pockets, atop a salad, and straight from a spoon.Print
A delicious vegan chicken salad that can be tossed together in minutes using Beyond Meat “chicken.”
- 3 cups of cooked vegan chicken (like Beyond Meat), chopped
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise (such as Just Mayo or Vegenaise)
- 1 1/2 cups of diced celery
- 1 1/2 cups of chopped apple
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with diced celery, apples, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.
- Assemble pita sandwiches or plate individually on a bed of greens with baby tomatoes.
- Reprinted with permission from It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan by Rebecca Gilbert and Yummy Plants.
In other exciting chicken-salad news, folks in the United States can find prepared vegan chicken salad at Trader Joes, and it is quite delicious!