There are some recipes that make you never want to order takeout for lunch again. Recipes that check off the boxes of exciting, easy, and efficient. Well friends, we are pleased to announce that this recipe for Vegan Chicken Salad checks off all those boxes and more!
This “No Chicken Salad” recipe from Yummy Plants makes an excellent portable meal that can be pulled together in just a few minutes. It is delicious stuffed in pita pockets, atop a salad, and straight from a spoon. M
Whether you want to eat it as is or dress it up like it’s Fashion Week, you’ll never have a boring lunch again with this delicious salad!
Why You Should Make This Vegan Chicken Salad
Sometimes you’ve just had one too many veggie burgers and you need something that’s just as filling and enjoyable to satisfy your hunger. There are several reasons why you should make this awesome salad, including but not limited to just how easy it is to throw together!
- Easy Peasy – This vegan chicken salad recipes takes very little effort to throw together. All you have to do is cook the vegan chicken, chop the other ingredients, and toss them together! Since this recipe is so simple to make, it’s also great to introduce to kids or teens who may be interested in making their own meals.
- Totally Tasty – One of the best things about this salad is the dynamic range of flavors and textures. The cool crunch of celery and sweet apple meeting the soft and savory vegan chicken coated in vegan mayonnaise is quite a party for the mouth!
- Full of Fun – While this vegan chicken salad is perfect for a simple lunch, it’s also great for serving at parties or bringing to pot lucks. You get to wow the crowd with a well-rounded dish while not having to put in all the work of baking a whole casserole (though, if you really want to be a rock star, you could make both)!
This vegan chicken salad features only a handful of ingredients but those ingredients are full of flavor and nutrients, all combining their forces to create one satisfying recipe.
- Vegan Chicken – Vegan chicken is the true star of this medley. Often made from soy protein, it features a meaty texture and comforting flavor. If you’re sensitive to soy or simply don’t like meat alternatives, you can swap the vegan chicken for jackfruit or even tofu cubes instead.
- Awesome Apple – An apple a day keeps many things away! Apples are full of nutrients such as vitamin C, potassium and are naturally hydrating and downright delicious! For this salad, feel free to use whatever you have on hand but if you want a nice pop of color along with some tartness, go for a Pink Lady® or Braeburn apple.
- Cool Celery – Crunchy, salty, and absolutely delicious when cooked into a soup or enjoyed with some peanut butter, celery is a vitamin-packed vegetable that is essential in any vegan chicken or tuna salad.
How to Serve Up Your Vegan Chicken Salad
One of the best things about this vegan chicken salad is that you can enjoy it in so many different ways! Whether stuffed in a pita pocket or enjoyed straight from a bowl, you’ll love how many different ways this salad can be enjoyed.
- Sandwich It Up – Want to make the ultimate sandwich with this salad? Serve it atop some focaccia and bask in the heavenly combination of flavors and textures. Feel free to add some lettuce if you so please for an even more picturesque lunch.
- More Salad, Please – If you’re a salad fanatic or if you’re hosting a get together, adding some other salads to the mix is a great idea! For more crunch, go with a smashed cucumber salad. Craving some carbs? This picnic pasta salad is the answer to your prayers!
- So Many Sides to Try – Serving this salad with a side of soup or potato wedges is a great way to warm up your plate and add some complimentary flavors to your meal. Yum!
Equipment You’ll NeedPrint
A delicious vegan chicken salad that can be tossed together in minutes using vegan “chicken” and a few simple ingredients. Say “goodbye” to boring lunches!
- 3 cups of cooked vegan chicken (like Alpha Foods), chopped
- 1 cup of vegan mayonnaise (such as Just Mayo or Vegenaise)
- 1½ cups of diced celery
- 1½ cups of chopped apple
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large bowl, toss chicken with diced celery, apples, and mayonnaise. Mix well.
- Add lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with parsley.
- Assemble pita sandwiches or plate individually on a bed of greens with baby tomatoes.
Keywords: lunch, easy meal, meat-free, salad, crunchy, sweet and savory
If you try this vegan chicken salad, let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Fa
End up with leftovers? This vegan chicken salad will last up to 5 days in the fridge and might even taste better the next day once the flavors really blend together. You could also technically freeze this recipe but it probably isn’t the best idea since the celery and apples will lose much of their crispness this way.
More Delicious Lunch Recipes to Try:
- Rainbow Lavash Wraps
- Rainbow Collard Wraps
- Vegan Chickpea Tuna Salad
- Crispy Baked Vegan Falafel Pitas
- Vegan BLT Sandwich With Homemade Eggplant Bacon
Recipe reprinted with permission from It’s Easy to Start Eating Vegan by Rebecca Gilbert and Yummy Plants. Photos by Rebecca Gilbert. Article written by Amanda Meth. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which help to support the work at World of Vegan!