Have you ever tried making your own tortillas? These three-ingredient homemade corn tortillas are easy as uno…dos…tres! All you need is masa harina, salt, hot water, and a tortilla press.Print
Homemade fresh corn tortillas…easy as Uno…Dos…Tres! These corn tortillas contain just 3 ingredients and are so delicious you’ll never want to eat store-bought tortillas again.
- 2 cups of masa harina
- ½ tablespoon of salt
- 1½ cups of hot water
- In a medium bowl, combine masa and salt.
- Add hot water and stir until the mixture forms a sticky dough, adding a tablespoon more water if crumbly. If the dough is too sticky, add more masa, a tablespoon at a time.
- Allow dough to rest 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Warm a cast iron skillet or non-stick pan on medium-high heat.
- Pinch off roughly 3 tablespoons of dough and form 2-inch balls.
- Using a tortilla press or rolling pin, flatten out into 4 to 6-inch rounds. Scrape off the tortilla press with a spatula. If the dough sticks, simply scrape off, roll into a ball again, and press.
- Cook on medium-high for 1 minute on each side until just slightly browned. Place in tortilla warmer, or covered in bread basket to stay warm until served.
Keywords: handmade tortillas, gluten-free, corn tortillas, masa, soy-free, tortillas
Cover photo by George Dolgikh (Canva.com) and step-by-step tortilla making photos by Kristie Middleton.