If you’ve been looking for the ultimate meaty vegan tacos these are it! Filling and packed with flavor while simultaneously ticking your 5 a day boxes. Add any extra veggies you wish and we dare you to try and eat just two. Hint: Not easy!
- Soft tortillas or crunchy taco shells (your pick!)
For the vegan taco meat
- 24 oz of vegan ground beef (two packages)
- 16 oz of plain tomato sauce (2 small cans)
- 2 oz of vegan Worcestershire sauce (watch out for anchovies!)
- 1 tablespoon of Lawry’s seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Tabasco (5 drops, optional)
Taco toppings (Optional)
- Lettuce or cabbage, shredded
- Onion, finely diced
- Jalapeno, finely diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- Over medium heat, add vegan beefy crumbles, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and Tabasco (optional). If the mixture appears very thick and dry, add a splash of water.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Then uncover and allow to simmer until moist but not liquidy.
- Heat soft tortillas or taco shells, assemble the vegan tacos with your favorite fixings, and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan tacos, meaty tacos, vegan tortillas, meaty vegan dish, Mexican vegan recipe, tacos
The Ultimate Family Dinner!
Tacos or Burritos?
Looking For More Mexican Inspired Vegan Recipes?
Meat Lovers Vegan Tacos recipe by Greg Hicks. Photos by Zhoro Apostolov for World of Vegan. Recipe and photographs copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Please note that this article contains affiliate links which support our work at World of Vegan!