In celebration of the world’s most famous weekly holiday—Taco Tuesday—I’m sharing a delicious vegan taco recipe! There are infinite ways to make vegan tacos—you can use tofu, jackfruit, seitan, tempeh, lentils, mushrooms, fajita veggies, and beyond.
This version is for the die-hard meat lovers out there. Just a few months ago, that was me. So if you’re someone who can do without all the veggies and tofu, and want the base of your taco to be a hearty, flavorful beefy crumble—I hear you.
These are the ultimate comfort tacos and are a great staple for family dinners. You can whip up a big batch of this flavorful vegan beef in no time and have it on hand for all your taco needs throughout the week (if you don’t demolish it all on the first night, that is).
Without further ado, enjoy the recipe!
Beefy Vegan Tacos
Write a review
- Soft tortillas or crunchy taco shells (your pick!)
For the vegan taco meat
- 24 oz of vegan ground beef (two packages)
- 16 oz of plain tomato sauce (2 small cans)
- 2 oz of vegan Worcestershire sauce (watch out for anchovies!)
- 1 tablespoon of Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Tabasco (5 drops, optional)
Taco toppings (Optional)
- Lettuce or cabbage, shredded
- Onion, finely diced
- Jalapeno, finely diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Vegan cheddar cheese, shredded
- Over medium heat, add vegan beefy crumbles, tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, basil, garlic powder, oregano, and Tabasco (optional). If the mixture appears very thick and dry, add a splash of water.
- Cook covered for 5 minutes. Then uncover and allow to simmer until moist but not liquidy.
- Heat soft tortillas or taco shells, assemble the vegan tacos with your favorite fixings, and enjoy!
World of Vegan https://www.worldofvegan.com/