This delicious vegan orange creamsicle cocktail recipe was kindly sponsored by our friends at Koskenkorva—makers of eco-conscious vodka that goes perfectly in this popsicle-inspired drink.
Ahhh, summer. Imagine the sun shining brightly in the sky, the beach balls bouncing across the sand, and a delicious, cold beverage in your hand. While we can’t guarantee that the sun will be out or that the beach balls will be bouncing by the time you make this drink, we can guarantee that you’re in for a bright and beautiful treat with this delicious vegan creamsicle cocktail.
Summer superstars orange and mango join forces with vodka from sustainable distillery, Koskenkorva Vodka, who boast a reutilization rate of 99.9% by using their very own bioenergy power plant! Cheers to that!
If you’d prefer an alcohol-free version, just omit the vodka or pour in your favorite substitute!
Why You Should Make a Vegan Creamsicle Cocktail
What’s so great about orange creamsicle? Is it the way that the fruity flavors of mango and orange blend with creamy coconut and sweet vanilla to make a nostalgia-inducing and very tasty beverage? Maybe how you can transport yourself to sunnier days with a mere sip? Or, perhaps, it’s that you can enjoy a totally vegan beverage from the comfort of your own sofa? Why, yes! We love this cocktail recipe for all of these reasons and more.
Here are just some highlights of why this delicious drink is so awesome!
- Bring the Bar Home – While it is possible to get a basic vegan cocktail at your local bar, as nearly all hard liquor is vegan, it’s a bit harder to come by a creamy cocktail made with dairy-free milk!
- Master Mixology – If you’ve got a special someone you’d like to impress or if you just enjoy learning a new skill, this vegan orange creamsicle cocktail is a great way to boost your kitchen confidence!
- Perfect for Parties – Whether it’s a birthday or New Year’s celebration, this recipe is perfect for a party! If you or one of your guests doesn’t drink then they also don’t have to feel left out with a lackluster mocktail since this is so full of flavor without the vodka!
This vegan orange creamsicle cocktail is made with just a few simple ingredients that combine to make a beverage that is tasty, sweet, and refreshing. Fruity orange juice and mango meet creamy coconut milk, sweet maple syrup, vivacious vanilla, and Finnish vodka to make a drink that’s modest yet memorable. Add some ice and you’ve got a sensational summer beverage!
- Awesome Orange – Orange juice is a quintessential hot weather drink. This invigorating citrus juice contains huge amounts of vitamin C, which boosts the immune system as well as antioxidants that protect the body from disease. If you’d like to swap the orange juice for something else, go for grapefruit pineapple instead! Sensitive to acidic drinks? Carrot juice will go wonderfully with the rest of the ingredients!
- Magical Mango – Mmmm, mango. This juicy, fibrous fruit is a favorite around the world. Amazing fresh, dried, or juiced, mango is an essential summer fruit! A staple in Indian cuisine and enjoyed around the world, mangos offer a variety of health benefits including a high vitamin C count and a hefty amount of fiber.
- Mighty Maple Syrup – Maple syrup is an incredible vegan sweetener. It comes in a variety of different grades, from golden amber to very dark. The darker the shade, the deeper the flavor! Since this vegan orange creamsicle cocktail already contains vanilla, going with an amber grade maple syrup is probably best as to not overpower the other flavors. If this rich sweetener doesn’t strike your fancy, consider swapping with agave instead!
- Vivacious Vanilla – Vanilla is the key ingredient to taking your beverage from a basic drink to what tastes like a melted dessert. Did you know that vanilla has also been linked to providing some relief from sleep apnea too? Have an aversion to vanilla? Try almond extract instead!
- Creamy Coconut – Full-fat coconut milk is what gives a creamy balance to the fruity action happening in this vegan orange creamsicle cocktail. Did you know that coconut milk contains a lipid called lauric acid that has been found to inhibit the growth of infections such as tuberculosis and staph infection? What an amazing food! If you don’t like or can’t have coconut milk, consider substituting with vanilla flavored full-fat oat milk or another non-dairy milk with thick properties.
- Visceral Vodka – This drink features vodka from award-winning Koskenkorva Vodka, a brand based in Finland that is dedicated to fighting climate change by implementing regenerative farming processes. Vodka is a natural antiseptic that’s great for keeping a clean mouth and also calms the nervous system! Don’t drink? No worries! Leave the vodka out or substitute with your preferred alternative.
How to Serve Up Your Vegan Orange Creamsicle Cocktail
What goes with a creamsicle cocktail, you wonder? Well, a number of things! Whether it’s a hearty meal or a simple snack, we’ve got a list of satisfying dishes to pair with your drink below:
- Savory Snacks – If you’re really looking to go for a bar simulation at home, then foods such as soft pretzels, fries, or even air-fried tofu cubes will be a huge hit!
- Keep It Sweet – While this cocktail is a dessert in itself, you can have an extra sweet evening or afternoon by enjoying a deliciously baked treat, too! Chocolate zucchini bread, pandesal, or chocolate chip cookies are all great choices.
- Simple O’dourves – Turn up the party with some easy o’dourves! Recipes such as smashed cucumber salad, vegan deviled potatoes, stuffed mushrooms are some of our favorites.
Crafting Your Creamsicle Cocktail
Making this drink is as easy as 1-2-3! All you need is a blender and some cocktail glasses and voilå! For a smooth blend, just make sure your mango chunks aren’t frozen together. Grab your glasses and pour! If you happen to have some oranges laying around, go ahead and stick a slice on your glass for a cute garnish.
Equipment You’ll Need
One of the best things about this cocktail recipe is that it requires no fancy tumblers or mixologist gadgets—just a simple blender will do! Here’s a list of everything you’ll need:Print
Vegan Creamsicles—in drink form?! Oh yes, dear friends, this creamsicle is a dream come true and it even features a guest appearance by the mighty mango! Tropical summertime sips, here we come!
• ½ cup of orange juice
• ½ cup of full-fat coconut milk from a can*
• 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
• ½ cup of frozen mango (or ice)
• ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
• 2 oz (56ml) of Koskenkorva Vodka (or more for an extra-boozy drink, optional)
• Fresh orange slices, for garnish (optional)
- In a blender, add the orange juice, coconut milk, maple syrup, frozen mango, vanilla extract, and vodka (if using). Blend just until smooth and no mango chunks remain.
- Fill two cocktail glasses with ice and pour the blended creamsicle drink into each. Garnish with a fresh orange slice.
- Garnish with an orange slice if available and enjoy responsibly!
Shake the can of coconut milk to mix before opening. If there are solid chunks preventing it from mixing evenly, briefly heat the entire contents of the can in a saucepan while mixing consistently just until melted, which will happen well before the coconut milk gets warm or hot. Remove from heat immediately.
Keywords: vodka, alcoholic drink, orange creamsicle, cocktail, spirits, vegan drink, vegan beverage, adult beverage
If you try this Vegan Orange Creamsicle Cocktail, let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Fa
As with most cocktails, this vegan orange creamsicle cocktail is best enjoyed fresh! The full-fat coconut milk will separate if frozen or left out for too long and given how easy this drink is to make, you’d be doing yourself a huge disservice if you let it sit out for too long!
More Vegan Beverages to Try:
- Gingerbread Smoothie
- Strawberry Peach Spritzer
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cucumber Watermelon Cooler
- Tropical Mango Banana Smoothie
Vegan Creamsicle Cocktail recipe and photography by Michelle Cehn. Article written by Amanda Meth. Many thanks to Koskenkorva Vodka and Marussia Beverages for supporting this summery vegan drink recipe! Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which help to support our work at World of Vegan.