Transport yourself to the tropics with this homemade açaí bowl made with just 5 ingredients (plus all your favorite toppings). It’s just as good as the fancy açaí bowls you’d drop ten dollars on at a beachside juice bar, and takes just a few minutes to make right in your kitchen.
Packed with nutrients, fiber, and antioxidants, this will make a great addition to your regular rotation of healthy breakfast meals. It will also serve as the perfect snack on the hottest summer days! Your body will thank you.
You can find packets of frozen açaí at most grocery stores in the freezer aisle. I look for smoothie packs with açaí as the only ingredient (some come with other added sweeteners and ingredients that aren’t necessary).
Alright, on to the recipe!Print
Enjoy a healthy breakfast bowl that will take you right to paradise—in your own kitchen! This delightful açaí bowl is made with just five ingredients: açaí, banana, blueberries, strawberries, and plant-based milk.
- 1 packet of frozen Açaí
- 2 frozen bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup of vanilla soymilk
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until fully blended, stopping to scrape the sides down as needed.
- Scoop into a bowl, sprinkle with your favorite toppings, and enjoy!
This makes enough for one hungry human with a big bowl or you can dish it up in smaller bowls so two can share.
Keywords: healthy, vegetarian, vegan, raw, smoothie, acai
Can You Make This In A Blender?
Yes, you can make this in a blender if you have a high-powered blender with a tamper like a Vitamix. But I prefer making this in a food processor which can process frozen fruit with far less liquid, resulting in a thicker consistency at the end more reminiscent of soft sorbet than a smoothie.
Have Fun With Toppings!
No açaí bowl is complete without a decorative array of toppings garnishing the top. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Sliced fruit (like strawberries, banana, dragonfruit, and kiwi)
- Fresh berries
- Vegan granola
- Shredded coconut
- Cacao nibs
- Vegan chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts
- Goji berries, mulberries, golden berries, or raisins
- Decorative edible flowers
- Seeds (like chia seeds, shelled hemp seeds, or sunflower seeds)
- Your favorite nut butter
…the list goes on, but you get the picture. Use what you have on hand in your fruit basket and pantry and get creative. Making these bowls is half the fun! You can make pretty designs with the toppings, snap a pic for Instagram, and appreciate the natural beauty of fruit!
If you want the full tropical experience, serve it in a coconut bowl with a wooden spoon. Take a bite, close your eyes, and you can almost feel the ocean surf.
More Warm Weather Recipes
- Pink Dragonfruit (Pitaya) Smoothie Bowl
- One Ingredient Banana Nice Cream
- Frozen Treats for the Family
Açaí bowl recipe and photos by Michelle Cehn, copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Please note that this article contains affiliate links that support our work at World of Vegan!