Looking for a great game day (or hang day) snack free from gluten and animal products that won’t take too much work? Then you’ve got to try these delicious vegan buffalo cauliflower wings! Gluten-free, crunchy, and full of flavor, these are sure to become a household hit.
What’s more is that we’ve also got a delightful ranch dip recipe that’ll blow the store-bought options out of the water.Print
Wings are for flying—not frying! But don’t worry, this recipe leaves actual wings to the birds, and uses healthy cauliflower florets instead.
These vegan cauliflower buffalo wings make a perfect game-day snack, and once you try them, you’ll be hooked for life. They are gluten-free and of course, vegan!
The ranch dip is especially delicious. I know it takes a little extra time to whip it together yourself (rather than using a store-bought option) but it will be worth it, I promise!
- 2 large cauliflower heads, chopped into florets
- 1 cup of white rice flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 cup of water
- 1 bottle of buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot which is available at most supermarkets)
- Preheat your oven to 450°.
- Combine the water, white rice flour, salt, paprika, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Whisk together.
- Thoroughly coat the cauliflower florets with the batter and place onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are slightly brown on the top.
- Remove cauliflower from the oven and coat them in buffalo sauce.
- Insert buffalo cauliflower back into oven to crisp up for another 5 minutes.
- If you don’t have white rice flour, it is fine to use regular flour.
Keywords: appetizer, buffalo, cauliflower, gluten-free, spicy, vegan wings
So you’ve got your vegan buffalo cauliflower wings and they’re looking great. They’re crunchy and orange and you’re ready to take your first bite. But wait! No cauliflower wing is complete without a side of sauce! Well fear not, dear reader. We’ve got just the dip to make your taste buds dance as if you were an athlete crossing the finish line. Enjoy this vegan ranch dip with as many things as you’d like!
Vegan Ranch Dip Ingredients:
- 1 cup of vegan mayo
- ½ cup of vegan sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon. of white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chives, chopped
- ¼ cup of fresh parsley, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
- ⅛ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
Whisk all ingredients together well in a large bowl. Keep refrigerated in an airtight container for up to three days and enjoy!
How to Serve It Up
If you’re looking to make a little more of a meal out of your vegan buffalo cauliflower wings and ranch dip, don’t fret! We’ve got some wonderful suggestions for you right here:
- Snack With a Wrap– This Rainbow Lavash Wrap will make an excellent (and beautiful) addition to your plate! You could even throw some of the buffalo cauliflower wings into it for some truly miraculous flavor moments.
- Party With Pasta – Cold pasta can be a real treat and our Fresh Picnic Pasta Salad is a great way to make more of a meal with your buffalo cauliflower wings.
- Get Full of Falafel – Cauliflower is a common ingredient to enjoy in various wraps and pita sandwiches so why not enjoy your buffalo cauliflower wings with some Crispy Baked Vegan Falafel Pitas? Full of protein and packed with flavor, you’ll be sure to win some serious kitchen points with this combination.
Since cauliflower has high water content, these wings are best eaten right out of the oven but if you find yourself with leftovers, stick them in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for a few days.
More Delicious Vegan Appetizers to Try:
Vegan Buffalo Cauliflower Wings recipe by Alex Thomopolous for World of Vegan. Copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Photos by Michelle Cehn. Article edited by Amanda Meth. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which support our work at World of Vegan.