Looking for a spooky recipe perfect for a vegan Halloween party? These mummy dogs and mummy meatballs are sure to be a hit. Plus, they are super quick and easy to make!
All you need are your favorite vegan hot dogs (we used Lightlife here) and vegan meatballs (I love Gardein’s) and a package of the Original Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. Yup, the Original Crescent Rolls are accidentally vegan! Watch the video below to see how they’re made.Print
These vegan mummy meatballs and vegan mummy dogs are a perfect budget-friendly Halloween appetizer that comes together in a snap.
- 1 package of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (Original)
- 1 bag of your favorite vegan meatballs and/or 1 bag of your favorite vegan hot dogs
- Ketchup and mustard (for the eyes and for dipping)
- A toothpick
- An icing bag and a small round cake decorating tip for the eyes
- Pop open the container of crescent rolls and unroll the dough on a cutting board.
- Using a sharp knife, slice the dough into long, thin strips, about ½ inch in diameter.
- One by one, wrap your veggie hot dogs and meatballs in the dough using a haphazard zigzag pattern reminiscent of mummies. Be sure to leave a space where the eyes will go!
- Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dot the eyes and serve!
Keywords: vegan halloween, vegan mummy dogs, vegan halloween treats, vegan appetizzer
I’ve been making these for nearly a decade now for Halloween parties because they’re such a simple and fun treat, and they’re always a huge hit and one of the first things to go. You can find crescent rolls at many mainstream grocery stores, and you can use any vegan meatballs and veggie dogs you’d like!