You know the secret to any vegan’s heart, right? It’s food! And that’s exactly why we’ve fallen so deeply in love with these miniature heart-shaped vegan pizzas. The little extra bits of TLC that you will put into making these mini vegan pizzas will go a long way toward making your honey feel special and loved.
These pizzas are also easily customizable—if there’s a topping (like chopped bell pepper or olives) that you can’t live without or a substition you’d like to make, then go for it! Not big on tomato sauce? Use pesto instead!
Cute Sides for Your Mini Vegan Pizzas
If you find yourself wanting to add a little something extra to along with your pizzas, then you’ve got plenty of options! Whether it’s a salad, sweets, or another simple side, you’re in for a treat with the following suggestions:
- Cupid Calls for Cupcakes – What’s more delicious than pizza, you ask? Pizza and cupcakes! Our Vegan Cupcakes With Matcha Buttercream Frosting are a great way to add some sweetness to your Valentine’s and also make fun activity for a partner or child!
- Get Your Thumbs Ready – Thumbprint cookies not only make a yummy treat but are also a great way to involve your loved one in Valentine’s Day meal prep! Imagine yourselves, side-by-side in the kitchen pressing your thumbs into these cookies and later enjoying them together at mealtime. How romantic!
- Slide Into Salad – Salad is a classic side to enjoy with pizza and there are endless ways to make it as special as you’d like. You can even use your mini heart-shaped cookie cutter to cut out pieces of cucumber or radishes to toss into your greens!
What Kind of Vegan Pepperoni Should I Use?
In the year 2021, there have never been more options for delicious plant-based pepperoni. If you want to get add a homemade and super authentic touch to this pizza, then you must try this super straightforward recipe for homemade vegan pepperoni. If store-bought is more your thing, you have a variety of brands to choose from including Field Roast, Sweet Earth, and Yves. Gluten-free? Feel free to use tofu or mushrooms instead!
Equipment You’ll Need
- Rolling Pin
- Baking Sheet
- Measuring Cups
- One Large Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
- One Small Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutter
Whether you’re making these pizzas for a special someone or just yourself, you’ll love how cute, delicious, and easy they are to make! Feel free to add any additional toppings your heart desires.
- 1 ball (1 lb) of vegan pizza dough (store-bought is fine)
- ½ cup of pizza sauce
- 1 cup of vegan cheese, chopped or shredded
- ½ cup of vegan pepperoni (I used Tofurky brand)
- Flour, for dusting
- Vegan butter or oil for greasing the pan
- Start with store bought vegan pizza dough. Allow pizza dough to rise for 20-30 minutes, or follow package instructions. Then, roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Make the dough as thin or thick as you’d like!
- Pre-heat oven to 450º Fahrenheit.
- Using the large heart-shaped cookie cutter, press against the flattened dough and cut out as many hearts as you can.
- Using the smaller heart-shaped cookie cutter, press against the vegan pepperoni slices to make mini hearts.
- Assemble pizzas with the tomato sauce, cheese, and pepperoni hearts.
- Coat baking sheet with vegan butter or oil then place pizzas onto it. Bake at 450º Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Keywords: valentine's, dairy-free, pizza, meatless, easy meal, vegan pizza
If you try these Heart-Shaped Mini Vegan Pizzas, let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Fa
More Romantic Recipes to Try:
- Walnut Pesto Pasta
- Vegan Chocolate Truffles
- Heart Beet Smoothie Bowl
- Vegan Double Chocolate Donuts
- Superfood Chocolate Bark With Pecans
- Vegan Stuffed Mushrooms With Crimini Walnut Pâté
This vegan Valentine’s Day recipe and photos featuring Mini Vegan Pizzas are by Michelle Cehn. Article written by Michelle Cehn and edited by Amanda Meth. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which supports our work at World of Vegan.