Have you ever been invited to a dinner party or pot luck and waited until the very last minute to prepare a dish to bring? This recipe is dedicated to you—my fellow procrastinators, workaholics, busy moms, and bachelors who just can’t be bothered to cook.
You can whip up this vegan cookie recipe in 5-minutes flat—no baking necessary—and they are deeelicious. If I could offer a recipe guarantee, I would. Unless you stumble into a party of chocolate-haters, these will be a hit. Enjoy!
These are the easiest cookies of all time. They are sweet, chocolatey, chewy, and take just 5-minutes to prepare. Plus, they’re packed with fiber from rolled oats!
- 1/2 cup of soy milk
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1/4 cup of refined coconut oil
- 2 cups of granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons of cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 3 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Add the soy milk, vegan butter, coconut oil, sugar, and cacao powder to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- After boiling for 1 minute, remove from heat and mix in the peanut butter followed by all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon onto wax paper or foil that has been greased with coconut oil, and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes. You can make the cookies as big or as little as you’d like.
- Refined coconut oil does not have any coconut flavor or scent, so if you’re not into coconut, don’t worry. If you are a die-hard coconut lover, you can use virgin coconut instead, and that flavor will come through in your cookies!
Keywords: cookies, dairy-free, gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, dessert, chocolate
The first time I tried no-bake cookies was at a gathering in college. My dear friend Eddie set out these mysterious turd-looking “cookies” and I grabbed one, more to be supportive of his efforts than anything else. The moment I bit into it, my eyes widened and my tastebuds did a little happy dance. WOW. It instantly went down in my books as one of the greatest cookies of all time.
I begged Eddie for the recipe, and can’t actually recall if he ever sent it. This was years ago, mind you. Well…the other day while browsing Pinterest I stumbled upon a no-bake cookie photo that looked like that magical cow-patty-cookie from years past.
Determined to veganize it, I headed into the kitchen to see if I could re-create those no-bake cookies that I had fallen in love with so many years ago. And guess what? Success! Here is my recipe for no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies that are just as delicious as I remember. I sincerely hope you love these cookies as much as I do, and that they revolutionize your party-prepping experience for decades to come!