Pine-ing for a pick-me-up remedy when you’re feeling poor or really run down? Our 4-ingredient pineapple banana smoothie is the perfect immune boosting beverage for perking you up! Full of tangy, sweet pineapple and creamy banana chunks, this bright yellow beverage is incredibly delicious and also nutritious. This creamy and smooth banana and pineapple smoothie might not cure your cold completely, but it will certainly a-peel to your eyes and appetite.
You don’t have to be under-the-weather to enjoy this ravishing recipe. It’s absolutely appetizing at any time of day and any level of health. This fabulously fruity smoothie is filled with fiber and alive with antioxidants. All you have to do is grab your fruit, blend, and enjoy. What could be simpler? (Especially nice when you’re low on energy.)
By savoring this smoothie and taking a snuggly little nap, you just might live pineapple-y ever after! Hope you peel better soon! Let’s get blending!
Why You Need To Make This Banana and Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Only 4 ingredients
- Quick and easy to make
- Fresh and fruity
- Soy-free or nut-free, depending on the plant-based milk you use
- Super creamy and satisfying
- A daily dose of digestive enzymes
- Full of antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals
- Perfect for breakfast, snack, dessert, or anytime at all
You’d never think that such a delightful drink could be so healthy for your heart and supportive to the stomach. Vitamin C is essential for boosting the immune system and assisting in iron absorption. Manganese is a mineral that makes your metabolism march along smoothly. Together, they are a powerful team in keeping our bodies balanced and brimming with health.
- Pineapple and Pineapple Juice – Rich in vitamin C and manganese, high in antioxidants, and contains a good amount of bromelain (digestive enzymes that break down protein) which can aid in digestion.
- Frozen Banana – The best fruit source of vitamin B6, full of fiber, manganese, vitamin C, and 320-400 mg of potassium per banana!
- Plant Milk – Although it depends on which plant-based milk you use, you can be sure that you’re getting at least a small amount of essential fat, fiber, vitamins and minerals.
Equipment You’ll Need
Pineapple banana smoothies are such a cinch to create! It takes only a few minutes and four ingredients from the fridge. Just measure out the fruit, add to the blender, and mix until super smooth and consistently creamy. Your tastebuds will be thrilled!
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring Cups
- High-Speed Blender
- One large glass or two small glasses
- Straw (we recommend a reusable glass straw, bamboo straw, or metal straw)
Best Banana Pineapple Smoothie Variations
There’s so many fun ways to enjoy this ravishing recipe! You can change the color by adding fruit or veggies, thicken it up into a smoothie bowl, or even make scoopable sorbet. The ideas are limitless. Dare to dream of new tasty and creamy concoctions!
- Silky Sorbet – Create a delectable dessert by decreasing the liquid by ½ cup. Pour into a freezer-safe, covered container and freeze for an hour or two before serving. Scoop into bowls and add any toppings you wish. Substitute the dairy-free milk with water or extra pineapple juice for a full fruit foundation.
- Blended Tropical Smoothie Bowl – Reduce the plant milk by ½ cup to make a thicker consistency. Pour your smoothie into a coconut bowl and garnish with banana slices, pineapple tidbits, coconut flakes, chia or hemp seeds, and thin strips of fresh mango. Yum!
- Create Colorful Combos – Brighten your smoothie with bold colors (as well as added nutrition) by using dark leafy greens or fresh fruit. Experiment with a spinach pineapple banana smoothie in a glorious green hue or a strawberry pineapple banana smoothie painted in a pleasing and perky pink.
How Do I Store My Leftover Smoothie?
Easy-peasy! Just pour any leftover healthy pineapple banana smoothie into a covered glass mason jar or insulated water bottle and refrigerate until later. If your smoothie has gotten too liquified, you can add some ice or more frozen banana (or pineapple) and give it a quick blend. A helpful tip for saving a smoothie for a longer period of time is to freeze it in an ice cube tray (or a couple of trays). If you pour the mixture directly into the trays and freeze it overnight (or for a few hours), all you need to do it throw the cubes into the blender and give it a quick blend! It helps to leave the cubes out at room temperature for about 5-10 minutes before blending. Adding a splash of plant milk, pineapple juice, or water will assist the process, too.
Simple Swaps & Smoothie Q&A
No problem. If you can only find one fruit that is frozen, no problem! Use 1 cup of frozen and 1 cup of fresh. Just reduce the plant milk by ½ cup.
Of course! Although your smoothie will have a less creamy consistency, you can substitute water or even extra pineapple juice for the liquid. It will still blend up nicely.
That’s a great question! We’ve found that kiwi, strawberry, orange, and tropical fruits like mango all pair really well with this spiky, tangy fruit. But, feel free to experiment and find your own favorite flavor combo 🙂
I mean, what doesn’t it do? Bananas are high in B6, fiber, potassium, and other essential vitamins and minerals. These lovely yellow skinned fruits are also filled with three natural sugars (sucrose, fructose, and glucose), which gives your body a pretty much fat-free and cholesterol-free source of easily digestible energy.
More Sensational Fresh & Fruity Smoothie Recipes to Try:
- Dragon Fruit Smoothie
- Gingerbread Cookie Smoothie
- Candy Cane Smoothie
- Spooky Jack-o-Lantern Smoothie
- Tropical Mango Smoothie
- Strawberries & Cream Smoothie
Get the taste of the tropics in your very own kitchen! With just four ingredients, this delightfully sweet and creamy pineapple banana smoothie is super easy to make. A single tangy sip will transport to you the perfect tropical paradise.
- 1 cup frozen banana (approximately one medium banana)
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 6 ounces of pineapple juice
- 1 cup of plant-based milk of choice
- Fresh slices of pineapple and banana for garnish (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender.
- Blend for one minute or until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the finished smoothie into one large or two small glasses. Garnish with fresh pineapple wedges and banana slices, if desired. For an even more tropical taste, choose coconut milk. Add a fancy paper umbrella and sprinkle with finely shredded coconut for the ultimate island experience. Enjoy!
- Frozen Vs. Fresh – If you can only find one fruit that is frozen, no problem! Use 1 cup of frozen and 1 cup of fresh. Just reduce the plant milk by ½ cup.
- Dairy-free, soy-free (or nut-free, depending on the plant-based milk), gluten-free and full of vitamins and minerals.
Keywords: easy, fruit, drink, summer, vegetarian, beverage, pineapple, banana, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free
If you try this tasty and tropical vegan pineapple and banana smoothie recipe, let us know what you think by leaving a comment and rating below! Be sure to follow along on Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook for even more vegan recipe inspiration.
This vegan banana pineapple almond milk smoothie recipe and article was written by Gina House. Pink smoothie photography by JJ Steele. Edited by Amanda Meth and Michelle Cehn. Please note that this article may contain affiliate links which supports our work at World of Vegan.