This cozy broccoli soup is made with healthy ingredients that would surprise some—like cream made from cashews rather than milk from a momma cow!
Cozy Cream of Broccoli Soup
This hearty soup will delight you with its creaminess that comes from cashews and cauliflower. Snuggle up on a cold day with a warming bowl.
Write a review
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews, soaked at least 4 hours, and drained
- 8 cups water, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 medium head cauliflower, leaves removed, cored, and cut into medium chunks (about 3 cups)
- 3 medium stalks broccoli, separated into bite-sized florets (about 4-5 cups) and peeled stems cut into medium chunks (about 1-2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ￼1 tablespoon salt￼
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a blender, process cashews and 1 cup water to make a completely smooth cashew cream.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat and add oil. Sauté onion, cauliflower, broccoli stems only, and marjoram for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and cook for 2 minutes more. Add remaining 7 cups water, cashew cream, and salt. Bring to a boil, then lower to medium heat, cover, and cook until vegetables are very soft, approximately 20 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender or carefully in 2-3 batches using a standard blender, purée soup base until completely smooth. Add broccoli florets and cook over medium heat for 5-7 minutes until broccoli is bright green and tender. Add pepper to taste and serve hot.
- This soup is exceptionally versatile. If broccoli isn’t your favorite, feel free to substitute different veggies instead, like potatoes, mushrooms, asparagus, or corn.
World of Vegan https://www.worldofvegan.com/
Love this recipe? Pick up your own copy of The Dairy Detox cookbook for more!