Texas caviar is the perfect appetizer for any party, and this recipe ensures that there is more than enough to go around. Don’t let the name scare you—Texas caviar is 100% vegan! Be ready to receive lots of praise for this party favorite.
We are so excited to share with you this delicious and healthier version of the Texas Caviar. Warning! You might have a hard time not eating it all at once and It might (will!) become a regular in your regular appetizer spread. Ready to learn the ropes on how to prepare this healthy salsa?Print
This super delicious vegan Texas caviar recipe is the perfect fresh appetizer!
- 2 cans of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans of white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper (cored, seeded, and finely chopped)
- 1 small red onion or half a large red onion (finely chopped)
- ½ a bunch of cilantro leaves (finely chopped)
- ½ cup of rice vinegar
- ½ cup of olive oil
- ⅓ cup of white sugar
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- Mix the black beans, pinto beans, white corn, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- With a wire whisk, mix the rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well to ensure that the sugar dissolves. Pour onto the bean mixture and mix it all together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Salsa, Dip or Salad?
This colorful Texas caviar is full of “good for you” ingredients while being packed with protein and flavor, but what is this dish exactly? Is it a salsa or a dip? Or is it a salad? The answer is: all three! That’s right, you can make it whatever you want it. Eat it alongside some tortilla chips and eat as a salsa, bean pico de gallo or dip, or as a side salad with some roasted potatoes. This Texas caviar is so good you can eat with anything!
Can I use Any Kind of Bean?
Absolutely! You can use any beans you have on hand like pinto beans, chickpeas, black beans, or white beans. You add or substitute anything you want and will end up with a super delicious vegan caviar.
How Long Does Vegan Texas Caviar Keep For?
Good news! You can keep your caviar in your refrigerator for up to three to four days if you store it in an airtight container. You can make this the night before you plan to serve it and it will taste even better.
Are you dying to try this fresh and colorful recipe?
Vegan Texas Caviar recipe by Kara Maria Schunk. Photos by Zhoro Apostolov for World of Vegan. Recipe and photographs copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Please note that this article contains affiliate links which support our work at World of Vegan!