Texas caviar is the perfect appetizer for any party, and this recipe ensures that there is more than enough to go around. Don’t let the name scare you—Texas caviar is 100% vegan! Be ready to receive lots of praise for this party favorite.
Vegan Texas Caviar
Prep time: 45-60 minutes (the majority of prep time will be spent finely cutting/chopping the cilantro leaves).
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion or half a large red onion, finely chopped
- ½ a bunch of cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup vegan white sugar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Mix the black beans, pinto beans, white corn, jalapeño pepper, red onion, and cilantro together in a large bowl.
- With a wire whisk, mix the rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and garlic powder in a bowl. Mix well to ensure that the sugar dissolves. Pour onto the bean mixture and mix it all together.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Enjoy with Tostitos Scoops or any other type of tortilla chip. Can you think of an easier way to pack loads of protein-packed beans and healthy vegetables in a delicious dish? Enjoy!