Have you ever been invited to a dinner party or pot luck and waited until the very last minute to prepare a dish to bring? This recipe is dedicated to you—my fellow procrastinators, workaholics, busy moms, and bachelors who just can’t be bothered to cook.
You can whip up this vegan cookie recipe in 5-minutes flat—no baking necessary—and they are deeelicious. If I could offer a recipe guarantee, I would. Unless you stumble into a party of chocolate-haters, these will be a hit. Enjoy!
- 1/2 Cup Soy Milk
- 1/4 Cup Earth Balance Butter (or other vegan butter)
- 1/4 Cup Refined Coconut Oil
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 4 Tbsp. Cacao Powder or Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
- 3 Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pinch Sea Salt
- Add the soy milk, vegan butter, coconut oil, sugar, and cacao powder to a saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- After boiling for 1 minute, remove from heat and mix in the peanut butter followed by all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon onto wax paper or foil that has been greased with coconut oil, and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Refined coconut oil does not have any coconut flavor or scent, so if you're not into coconut, don't worry. If you are a die-hard coconut lover, you can use virgin coconut instead, and that flavor will come through in your cookies!
I begged Eddie for the recipe, and can’t actually recall if he ever sent it. This was years ago, mind you. Well…the other day while browsing Pinterest I stumbled upon a no-bake cookie photo that looked like that magical cow-patty-cookie from years past.
Determined to veganize it, I headed into the kitchen to see if I could re-create those no-bake cookies that I had fallen in love with so many years ago. And guess what? Success! Here is my recipe for no-bake chocolate peanut butter cookies that are just as delicious as I remember. I sincerely hope you love these cookies as much as I do, and that they revolutionize your party-prepping experience for decades to come!