Love chips and chocolate? In this recipe, we’re creating an entirely new spin on chocolate chips. And guess what? It’s both healthy and vegan!
We’re starting with a base of sea salt bean and rice chips from Beanfields. These chips are packed with plant protein and fiber, and also happen to be non-GMO, gluten-free, and of course, vegan. Then we add a dose of antioxidants by dipping the chips in melted dark chocolate (vegan, of course). And finally, we really ramp up the health factor by sprinkling these chips with goji berries!
Goji berries have been used in Asian herbal medicine for over five thousand years and are often considered one of the most nutrient-rich foods on the planet. These beautiful little red fruits contain all 20 amino acids as well as vitamin A, vitamins C, and over 20 trace minerals and vitamins like zinc, iron, phosphorus, B2, vitamin E, and carotenoids. Plus, they add a satisfying chewiness to this superfoods snack.
For an extra healthy bonus, you may sprinkle on chia seeds before the chocolate hardens. Chia seeds are superfoods that contain omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, antioxidants and many other essential vitamins and minerals. They’re neutral in taste and add a nice extra bit of crunch to this snack.
- 1 bag Beanfields Sea Salt Bean & Rice Chips
- ½ cup vegan chocolate (chocolate chips or chocolate bars will work)
- ¼ cup goji berries
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Melt chocolate using a double-boiler or microwave
- Dip chips into the melted chocolate, partially coating the chip
- Place on a pan or tray lined with tin foil, and sprinkle with goji berries and the optional chia seeds
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator until the chocolate has hardened
- Serve and enjoy!