Looking for something different from the usual pasta and tomato sauce? Look no further—here’s a delicious vegan pasta recipe that is flavored entirely by vegetables—no need for sauce! I love this recipe because it’s an easy way to combine a healthy dose of carbohydrates with powerful plant proteins.
- 8 oz. vegan pasta noodles
- 1 package of mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- 1 bunch of broccoli
- 3 Tbsp. Parma vegan parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup Daiya shredded mozzarella cheese
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Sea salt
- Organic vegan sugar
- Pour 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a large cooking pan on medium heat. Add sliced red onion, ½ tsp black pepper, ½ tsp sea salt, and a dash of sugar. Allow the onions to caramelize for about 20 minutes. Then add sliced mushrooms to the pan and let cook for an additional 10 minutes. Once the onions are caramelized and the mushrooms are cooked, bring the pan to low heat.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Cut the broccoli as desired and break the asparagus into fourths. Add both vegetables to a large mixing bowl with 3 Tbsp olive oil, ½ tsp sea salt, and ½ tsp black pepper. Mix the vegetables together and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the caramelized onions and mushrooms.
- Once the asparagus and broccoli are baked, add them to the pasta mixture.
- Add 3 Tbsp of Parma vegan parmesan cheese (or more as needed) and melt your mozzarella cheese with the pasta and vegetable mixture or sprinkle some on top.
Enjoy and devour this healthy and flavorful dish!