Oatmeal is such a staple breakfast in so many households! In this recipe, instead of cooking it on the stove, we baked it so it has a more compact feel and you can have several portions in one go! A sweet and perfectly spiced baked oatmeal!
- 1 ⅓ cup of rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoon of pumpkin spice
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of non-dairy milk
- ½ cup of pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup of maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup of chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Gently grease a loaf pan with coconut oil or line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the oats, chia seeds, spices, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pour the oatmeal into the loaf pan. Sprinkle the pecans and pumpkin seeds on top of the oats. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove the oats from the oven and serve it immediately while it’s hot. Use a large spoon to scoop a serving into a bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!
Keywords: baked oatmeal, pumpkin oats, pumpkin oatmeal, spiced oatmeal, fall oatmeal
This recipe is also packed with nutrition. The oats are packed with fiber (yay prebiotics!) and the pumpkin puree has Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, potassium, and iron. Chia seeds are a superfood and pecans and pumpkin seeds are an excellent source of protein. Plus, did you know that cinnamon is loaded with antioxidants? In fact, cinnamon is one of the most affordable sources of antioxidants out there!
More Fantastic Fall Recipes:
- Sweet Winter Squash Bisque
- Roasted Root Vegetables
- Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Apple Walnut Pastry Purses
Pumpkin Baked Oatmeal photos by Kathy Chrzaszcz for World of Vegan. Recipe and photographs copyright of World of Vegan™, all rights reserved. Article edited by Amanda Meth. Please note that this article contains affiliate links which means shopping through them helps lights on at World of Vegan!