Did you know that you can easily make your own vegan perfume? Sunny Subramanian from Vegan Beauty Review is here to show you how with this DIY vegan solid perfume recipe from her new book The Compassionate Chick’s Guide to DIY Beauty
- 2 tsp candelilla wax 10 mL
- 2 tsp jojoba oil 10 mL
- 40 to 50 drops essential oil(s) of your choice
- Lip balm tin or tube
- Place candelilla wax in a small metal or heatproof glass bowl (see Top tips, page 84). Pour enough water into a small saucepan to come about 11⁄2 inches (4 cm) up the side; bring to a simmer. Place bowl on saucepan, making sure the bottom doesn’t touch the water. Heat, stirring, for 5 to 10 minutes or until wax is melted and smooth.
- Add jojoba oil and stir for 1 to 2 minutes or until well combined. Stir in essential oil(s). Immediately pour into lip balm tin. Let cool until solid.
- Rub perfume on pulse points, such as wrists or neck.
- Store at room temperature for up to 1 year.
- With so many options for unique essential oil blends, you can cater your perfume to match your current mood or set a specific tone for the day. Two super-simple combos to try are peppermint and grapefruit, or lavender and orange.
As minimalist in the kitchen myself, I prefer to work with a core staple of easy-to-find ingredients using hard-to-mess-up recipes, so it’s no wonder the Minimalist Baker recipes resonate so well with me. I also eat with my eyes first and need to be wooed by tantalizing photos before I’m drawn to actually make a recipe. I adore that their recipes are always coupled with vivid photos that I want so badly to reach through the screen and devour.
This cookbook has the power to elevate anyone’s kitchen game in minutes with recipes that remain simple without sacrificing flavor and presentation. I couldn’t be more excited that they are sharing this star pizza burger recipe from the book with World of Vegan readers. Enjoy!
Courtesy of The Compassionate Chick’s Guide to DIY Beauty by Sunny Submaranian & Chrystle Fiedler ©2016 RobertRose.ca Reprinted with publisher permission. Available where books are sold. Image credit: Michelle Cehn. This post may contain affiliate links which help keep the lights on here at World of Vegan.