- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- Large red bell pepper, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup of yellow curry paste (you can find this in small jars at most grocery stores and online)
- 2 (13.5-ounce) cans of full-fat coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes (adjust according to your spice preference)
- 2 cups of bite-sized broccoli pieces
- 1 (16-ounce) block of extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into bite-sized cubes
- 4–6 cups of cooked white or brown rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and carrots, and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes, until the bell pepper is tender.
- Add the potatoes and curry paste and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk, and stir in the brown sugar, salt, and red chili pepper flakes.
- Bring to a boil and cover. Lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the broccoli and tofu and continue simmering, covered, for 15 more minutes.
- Serve with the rice.
Friendly Suggestion: If you like your tofu to be very firm, sauté it in 1 tablespoon of canola oil for 3 to 4 minutes before adding it in step 4.
Keywords: vegan curry, tofu curry, yellow curry, indian vegan, veggie curry