This vegan vegetable pasta is satisfying and packed with delicious flavor and nutrients! Loaded with veggies and sprinkles with plant-based cheese, this dish makes the perfect quick-fix dinner.
- 8 oz of vegan pasta (uncooked)
- 6 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium red onion (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- A dash of sugar
- 1 package of mushrooms (any variety, sliced)
- 1 medium bunch of broccoli (cut into small florets)
- 1 bunch of asparagus (sliced into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 tablespoons of vegan parmesan cheese (optional)
- ¾ cup of shredded vegan mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Boil pasta according to package instructions.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large cooking pan on medium heat. Add sliced red onion, ½ teaspoon black pepper, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, and a dash of sugar. Allow the onions to caramelize for about 20 minutes. Then add sliced mushrooms to the pan and let cook for an additional 10 minutes. Once the onions are caramelized and the mushrooms are cooked, bring the pan to low heat.
- Preheat the oven at 400 degrees. Cut the broccoli as desired and break the asparagus into fourths. Add both vegetables to a large mixing bowl with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, ½ teaspoon of sea salt, and ½ teaspoon of black pepper. Mix the vegetables together and place them on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and mix it with the caramelized onions and mushrooms.
- Once the asparagus and broccoli are baked, add them to the pasta mixture.
- Sprinkle on vegan parmesan cheese and vegan mozzarella cheese.
Feel free to make this dish your own by using your favorite vegetables and favorite varieties of vegan cheese. It’s also delicious with no cheese at all!
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, pasta, dinner