What’s better than sitting back and enjoying some waffles? These light fluffy vegan waffles make the perfect weekend brunch!
- 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed (equivalent of 3 eggs)
- ½ cup of water
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter (such as Earth Balance), melted
- 1 ½ cups of non-dairy milk
- 1 ¾ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- pure maple syrup (to drizzle on top)
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- Stir the ground flaxseed and water together and let sit until it reaches a thick and creamy consistency. Add the melted butter and non-dairy milk and whisk together until well incorporated.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Stir, create a well in the center of your dry ingredients, and pour in the milk mixture. Whisk until combined. If you’d like to add any optional ingredients (like chocolate chips, banana, or coconut shreds), fold them in now.
- Scoop desired amount of batter onto the hot waffle iron, close the lid, and bake until the waffle is golden brown. Serve immediately or keep warm in a single layer on a rack in a 200°F oven while you finish cooking the rest.
- If you use less butter, you may have trouble with the waffles sticking to your iron. I find that 6 tablespoons is perfect, but you can add more if that’s your preference.
Keywords: breakfast, brunch, dairy-free, egg-free, waffles,