Strawberry is a classic flavor you can find on just about any ice cream menu. But many of those who have tried this vegan strawberry ice cream have said, “this is the best strawberry ice cream I’ve ever had!” It just might be, and for good reason. It’s made with tons of real strawberries and preserves some of their texture in the process. Making ice cream with fresh strawberries may require more time and money, but it is worth every cent. Use fresh, in-season berries whenever possible, but in a pinch, frozen will do just fine.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Use a high-speed blender, puree the strawberries, leaving some chunks. Add the coconut milk, sugar, agave, and lemon juice and blend until combined. Transfer to a bowl or container, cover, and chill the mixture for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Once it’s chilled, add the mixture to your ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Most machines take 10 to 15 minutes depending on the temperature of the mix, and when it’s finished it should look like soft serve.
- Once it’s churned, transfer the ice cream to a large, freezer-safe container, smooth the top and cover it tightly. Freeze it for at least 5 to 6 hours, or until it is firm.
- Store this ice cream in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Keywords: vegan ice cream, strawberry ice cream