A delicious, creamy, classic American Potato Salad. This vegan potato salad is light, but packs a ton of flavor.
- 6 cups of yellow potatoes (chopped into medium chunks)
- 1/2 cup of celery (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup of red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup of dill pickle (chopped into small chunks)
- 3/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp of yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup of fresh dill (roughly chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onion (for garnish, optional)
- Begin by boiling a large pot of water. You can peel the potatoes if you'd like, or leave the skin on. I personally enjoy it with the skin. Chop the potatoes into bite-sized chunks and add them to the pot. When the water begins to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer. Gently boil the potatoes for around 12-15 minutes, or until they are fork tender.
- In the mean time, add celery, onion, dill pickle, mayo, mustard, and dill to a large bowl and mix together.
- When the potatoes are finished cooking, transfer them to a colander. Rinse with cold water and drain. Allow the potatoes to cool for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the veggies. Gently toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Every vegan mayo tastes different. If you find it needs more bite, add a bit more mustard, or you can even add a squeeze of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar if desired for some acidity.
- Chill the potato salad until serving. If you'd like you can garnish with chopped green onion, but this is optional. Serve and enjoy!