This super-easy vegan pesto pasta could become your weekday dinner of choice. If you some pesto ahead of time, you might be able to have a fantastic dinner in a matter of 10 minutes.
- 9 ounces of vegan pasta (tagliatelle is ideal)
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 zucchini (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon of toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons of vegan pesto (see recipe below)
- ½ of a red onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the package
- In another pan, start with heating up the oil. When it’s nice and hot, add the finely sliced red onion and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add the frozen peas with the sliced zucchini (¼ of an inch slices) and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and season with salt and pepper.
- When the pasta is ready, rinse it and add it straight into the pan. Turn off the heat and add the pesto in and mix nicely until it coats all the pasta.
- Serve with some sprinkled pine nuts on top and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan pesto, pesto pasta, italian pesto, italian vegan