These are hands-down the most delicious vegan oatmeal cookies you’ll ever eat. Get that apron out and enjoy!
- 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup of water
- 1 cup of Crisco shortening
- 1 pound (2¼ cups packed) light brown sugar
- 1½ cups of sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups of Old Fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseeds and water and let sit for at least 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat Crisco shortening and brown sugar together until thoroughly combined. Then stir in vanilla extract and flaxseed “egg” mixture.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Mix in rolled oats.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls and refrigerate for 2+ hours.
- Roll each ball in powdered sugar, place on a lined cookie sheet 3 inches apart, and flatten by pressing down with a flat-bottomed glass dipped in powder sugar.
- Bake at 350°F for 8-12 minutes until puffy and golden around the edges. Exact baking time depends on the size of your cookies. Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before enjoying (they’ll flatten as they cool).
Keywords: baking, cookies, dairy-free, dessert, egg-free, oatmeal