These vegan chocolate cupcakes are absolutely to die for. A chocolate base combined with the vanilla matcha frosting are a match-a made in heaven!
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 6 tablespoons of vegan butter (melted but not hot)
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of water (room temperature)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cupcake pan with 12 cupcake liners and set it aside.
- Sift the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt into a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- Gently melt the vegan butter until it is just melted, but don’t let it get hot.
- Add the melted vegan butter to a small bowl, along with the apple cider vinegar and vanilla extract and mix it to combine.
- Create a well in the dry ingredients and pour in the liquid ingredient mixture. Before mixing, pour all of the water on top as well.
- Gently fold the ingredients together with a spatula until it’s combined. The batter will appear slightly bubbly. If there are any clumps you can work them gently with a whisk if needed.
- Distribute the batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
- Bake the cupcakes for around 22 – 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove the cupcakes from the oven and let them cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store the cupcakes in the fridge or at room temperature for up to a few days.
Keywords: chocolate, cupcakes, dessert, matcha, sweets, treats