Wrap your hands around a mug of this vegan hot cocoa and let all your worries fade away! Made with just a few ingredients and plant-based milk, this is the perfect vegan hot chocolate to sip on—whether you’re cozying up with a book, telling stories by the fire, or tearing presents open under the Christmas tree. Spice up your hot cocoa with a splash of vanilla extract or peppermint extract, and top it with vegan whipped cream for the perfect hot drink!
- 1 cup of unsweetened soymilk (or your favorite plant-based milk)
- 1½ tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of mini vegan chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate), plus additional for topping
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 splash of vanilla extract or peppermint extract (optional)
- Vegan marshmallows such as Dandies (optional)
- Vegan whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together plant-based milk, cocoa powder, mini vegan chocolate chips, and sugar until completely dissolved. If using our pre-mixed vegan hot chocolate mix, simply add 3.5 tablespoons into the milk.
- If desired, add a small splash of vanilla extract or peppermint extract (absolutely delicious!) and whisk well.
- Pour into a mug and top with vegan whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate chips or cocoa powder (if desired), and enjoy hot!
This is a perfect base vegan hot cocoa recipe that can be made into a vegan peppermint hot chocolate by adding a splash of peppermint extract!
Keywords: beverage, drink, holiday, winter, chocolate, cocoa, dessert, Christmas,