I am so excited that summer is near! I relish in the unstructured days with the kids, impromptu gatherings with friends, and warm weather. To celebrate the season, I have pulled together the following recipes for frozen treats that your family and friends will love!Print
There is no better time for a popsicle party than summer! They are super easy to make and the flavors are only limited by the fruit you have on hand and your imagination.
- 1 1/4 cup frozen berries (any variety, such as raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Blend ingredients and pour into popsicle molds. Freeze until firm.
- Serving Size: 6
Can’t find vegan options at local ice cream shops? Make your own decadent vegan milkshakes at home!
- 2 1/2 cups So Delicious Mint Chip Almond Milk ice cream
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 8 Thin Mint Girl Scouts cookies (yes—they’re vegan!)
- Suggested toppings: Crushed thin mints, So Delicious CocoWhip, mini vegan chocolate chips
- In a blender combine the ice cream, milk, and thin mint cookies.
- Blend on high speed until completely combined and cookies are crushed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with desired topping.
- I made this shake with Girl Scout vegan thin mints, but you can use any chocolate or mint cookie you’d like! NOTE: The Girl Scout cookie brands haven’t yet implemented conscious chocolate practices, so consider consulting the Food Empowerment Project website to find ethically sourced vegan chocolate options.
- Serving Size: 4
Who doesn’t love s’mores?! This is my frozen summer take on the traditional campfire melted treat.
- 3 cups dairy free chocolate ice cream
- 3 cups So Delicious Coco Whip
- 3 cups vegan graham crackers, crumbled by hand or chopped coarsely
- Vegan mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small bowl or parfait glass, layer ¼ cup crumbled graham crackers on the bottom of the glass. Top with a ¼ cup ice cream, followed by ¼ cup Coco Whip. Repeat, ending with the Coco Whip on top. Garnish with vegan chocolate chips, if desired.
- Please note that not all vegan chocolate is created equal. Make sure the chocolate you use is sourced ethically by consulting this chocolate list: foodispower.org/chocolate-list.
- Serving Size: 4