Delicious vegan french toast that is soft and plushy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Perfect drizzled with maple syrup and paired with a bowl of fruit salad for brunch!
- 1 cup of almond milk (or any other nut milk)
- ¼ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon of gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ⅛ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 4–5 slices of thick sourdough bread
- Coconut oil for frying
- ½ cup of maple syrup (or more if you like it sweet)
- Whisk all ingredients but the bread and maple syrup together.
- In a shallow bowl, place the liquid and each slice of bread to soak well on each side for around 30 seconds – 1 minute.
- Once soaked well, heat coconut oil in frying pan.
- Place soaked bread on the pan and fry on each side until golden brown on medium-low heat.
- Drizzle bread with maple syrup or other desired topping and serve while warm.
- Serving Size: 2