Spice up your everyday salad with this super creamy, oil-free, vegan dressing. Using only ordinary ingredients out of the kitchen pantry, you can create your own homemade dressing in no time. You’ll love our sweet and smoky take on traditional French dressing! Ooh la la!
- ½ cup raw cashews
- Water for soaking
- ½ cup soaked cashews
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- ⅓ cup of cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (plain or sweet can be used instead)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- The night before (or at least 30 minutes before you’d like your dressing to be done), soak your cashews in a bowl with warm water (or boiling for the shorter soak) so that the water covers the nuts by ½ inch or so. Once the cashews have soaked, drain the excess water and place in a covered container in the fridge until ready to use.
- Add the soaked cashews and the rest of the ingredients to a small blender. Cover and shake well.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute, or until creamy smooth.
- For the best flavor, refrigerate the dressing for an hour (or, even better, overnight) so that the flavors have time to infuse. Enjoy!
- Too Thick? – If your dressing seems a little too thick after a while, add a tablespoon each of water and apple cider vinegar to thin it out. If you want less tang, just use water.
- Salt Sensitive? – If you are salt-free or trying to reduce your salt, feel free to omit the salt all together. You could even use a salt-free ketchup. Substituting with a salt alternative would work as well.
- Gluten-free, dairy-free, oil-free, and soy-free
Keywords: vegetarian, dressing, dairy-free, salad, sauce, soy-free, oil-free