Remember when the neighborhood ice cream truck would roll through your neighborhood as a kid? If Orange Creamsicle was your go-to, we’ve got just the recipe for you! Totally dairy-free and 100% delicious, you’ll never have to chase after Mister Softee ever again!
- 1 cup of raw cashews, soaked for at least 6 hours and drained
- 1 cup of orange juice
- ½ cup of full-fat coconut milk, divided
- ¼ cup of light agave nectar or maple syrup, divided
- 1 tablespoon of orange zest
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Place the soaked cashews, orange juice, half of the coconut milk, and half of the agave or maple syrup in your blender. Puree on high speed, pausing to scrape down the sides of the container if necessary, until completely silky-smooth. If you still see a few stray pieces remaining after 5 – 6 minutes of continuous blending, pass the mixture through a fine mesh strainer and discard any solids.
- Stir in the orange zest. Separately, whisk together the remaining coconut milk and agave along with the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the orange cashew mixture into popsicle molds, filling them about ⅔ of the way to the top.
Add the vanilla coconut mixture the fill the rest of the space. Lightly swirl the two together with a popsicle skewer before inserting sticks and placing in the freezer.
- Let set for at least 6 hours, ideally overnight, before unmolding and enjoying.
Keywords: non-dairy, dairy-free, creamsicle, orange, vegan ice cream, popsicle, easy, summer, dessert, treat, sweet