This versatile spiced vegan cream sauce is simple to make using a surprise base ingredient: silken tofu!
- one 12.3 oz. container of silken tofu (firm)
- ½ cup of pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of neutral-flavored oil (sunflower, melted refined coconut oil, safflower, etc.)
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
- In a blender, combine the tofu, maple syrup, oil, cardamom, cinnamon, and salt and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve immediately with your favorite breakfast or dessert or store in a container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Keywords: cream, dairy-free, maple, sauce, sweet, treat, vegan, vegetarian