These Vegan Truffles are DIVINE! They have a delicate chocolate coating and a soft velvety melt-in-your-mouth filling made with dark chocolate and coconut milk.
- 10 ounces of vegan chocolate chips, very finely chopped (so they easily melt)
- ¾ cup of full-fat coconut milk from a can (shake until combined before measuring)
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- ¼ cup of cocoa powder (or cacao powder)
- 1 cup of vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- In a glass or metal mixing bowl, add the finely chopped chocolate and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, add the coconut milk and vanilla and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove from heat and pour the hot coconut milk over the chocolate. Mix thoroughly until chocolate melts fully. (If it doesn’t melt completely, use a double boiler method to finish melting.) Place in the refrigerator for 3 hours to firm up.
- To assemble your truffles, start by adding ¼ cup of cocoa powder to a bowl. Take your chilled truffle filling out of the fridge and use a melon baller with an easy release slider to scoop out the truffle filling, one dollop at a time. Drop the dollop into the cocoa powder, covering it liberally, and then gently roll into a ball shape in your hands. Place in a tupperware container and repeat until all your filling is used up. Place the balls in the freezer for an hour (or more) to harden before moving to the next step.
- In a small bowl, melt 1 cup of chocolate chips plus 1 tablespoon of coconut oil (microwave in 20 second increments, stirring between each, just until melted). Bring out your filling balls from the freezer and using two forks, take each ball and dip it in the melted chocolate. Cover with chocolate and lift it out, balancing it on the forks to drain the excess chocolate, and place on parchment paper or a silicone mat. Repeat until all the truffles are coated with a layer of chocolate. Place in the freezer to harden.
- Once solid, remove from the freezer once more and drizzle melted chocolate on top to create a professional-looking fancy truffle effect. You can drizzle melted chocolate using a spoon for an organic look, or use a piping bag and piping tip with a small circular opening. Place back in the freezer to chill (just a few minutes should do it) and enjoy!
- Store in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them!
Keywords: chocolate, dairy-free, dessert, sweet, treats, truffles, vegan, vegetarian