This super easy recipe is one of those you’ll keep going back to over and over again! Full of nutritious ingredients and amazing flavors, it’s also omnivore-approved. Enjoy!
- 1 large burrito-sized flour tortilla
- ¼ cup of vegetarian refried beans, heated
- ½ cup of cooked quinoa (we used Q-cups quick-cook quinoa)
- Tomatoes, diced, to taste
- Canned corn, drained, to taste
- Onion, diced, to taste
- Guacamole or sliced avocado, to taste
- Purple cabbage, shredded
- Cilantro, roughly chopped, to taste
- Hot sauce or salsa
- Warm up your tortilla in a hot pan on both sides (it will take only about 30 seconds per side).
- Lay the tortilla on a plate and spread a layer of the refried beans followed by the quinoa, tomatoes, corn, onion, guacamole or avocado, purple cabbage, and cilantro. Be careful not to overstuff.
- Once you have all the fillings in place, wrap the tortilla by folding both ends over the filling and then tightly rolling your tortilla until you have a stable burrito. If you’ve never wrapped a burrito before, see our more detailed instructions (and an example video) below.
- Warm a pan over medium heat and place burrito, seam down, on the pan. When the tortilla begins to lightly brown, flip over and allow to lightly brown on the other side.
- Remove from heat, serve with salsa and/or hot sauce, and enjoy!
Keywords: burrito, Mexican, healthy, lunch, vegan, rainbow