This fun cubed spin on tofu scramble has become a favorite in our households. It’s quick to whip together, thanks to the delicious Island Soyaki marinade found at Trader Joe’s. Island Teriyaki works for this recipe, too!
- One package of extra-firm tofu (12 oz)
- ½ cup of Island Teriyaki or Soyaki marinade
- ½ of a yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ teaspoon of red chili pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds (white or black)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ½ of a red bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks of kale, finely chopped
- 2 stalks of green onion, thinly sliced, plus extra for garnish
- ½ of a sliced avocado for garnish
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with a paper towel, and slice into small cubes.
- In a skillet, add olive oil and bring to medium heat. Add the onion and saute until translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tofu and all the remaining ingredients except the avocado and green onions reserved for garnish, and stir fry until all moisture is absorbed and the tofu cubes are slightly brown.
- Plate, garnish with sliced avocado and green onions, and devour!
Keywords: tofu, scramble, tofu scramble, breakfast