This delicious Middle Eastern-inspired salad is packed with fresh herbs, healthy grains, and flavorful dressings. The base of very finely chopped curly parsley is transformed into a scoop-able side dish you can’t get enough of with mint, onion, lemon juice, flavorful olive oil, salt, and pepper. The ingredients are simple, and it’s crazy easy to pull together without much effort. Serve it up with hot pita bread, hummus, and falafel for the perfect Mediterranean mezze!
- 1 cup of bulgar (cracked wheat)
- 1 large bunch of curly parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ cup of mint, finely chopped
- 2 medium sized tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup of very finely diced onion
- ¼ cup of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- Cook bulgar according to package directions. Allow cooked bulgar to cool on the stove (and it may absorb more water during this time too). Once cool, drain any remaining water, transfer to a large bowl, and refrigerate until chilled before proceeding to the next step.
- Remove the bowl of bulgar from the fridge, fluff with spoon, and add the parsley, mint, tomatoes, and onion and mix well.
- In a small ramekin, add the lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper and whisk together. Add this mixture to the main bowl and mix until fully incorporated.
- Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Tabbouleh tends to get better once it has had some time to marinate, so this is a great dish to prep ahead of time and keep in the fridge!
Keywords: vegan, vegetarian, dairy-free, middle eastern, Arabic, Lebanese, lunch, dinner, salad, side, mediterranean, healthy