This super-easy vegan sweet potato soup will be your solution for busy day dinners! Full of healthy veggies and super quick to prepare! Drizzle some extra-virgin olive oil for a perfect finishing touch!
- 3 cups of sweet potato
- 1 cup of carrots
- ½ of a red onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger (peeled)
- 6 cups of water
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup of roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Chili flakes (optional, for garnish)
- Fresh thyme (optional, for garnish)
- Cut the sweet potatoes and carrots into 1-inch chunks. (There is no need to remove the skin of the sweet potato.)
- Roughly cut the onion and garlic. Slice the ginger into thin slices.
- Add them all to your pot.
- Now add 6 cups of water, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- When the soup starts boiling, lower the heat and let it simmer for 40 minutes until all the vegetables have softened.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup ingredients into a blender and blend until creamy that way!
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley, and if desired, red pepper flakes and thyme.
Keywords: Sweet potato soup, vegan soup, vegan sweet potato recipe, fall soup