Chocolate that’s actually healthy? That’s right! In just a few minutes you can have a sweet treat packed with superfoods to snack on, gift to friends, or serve at a party. The chia seeds give the chocolate a nice subtle crunch-bar vibe (and healthy Omega 3s). The goji berries add a delightful fruity chew (and antioxidants). Pecans add a divinely buttery protein punch. And the pretzels bring a delicious dose of salty crunch. Perfection!
- In a small bowl, melt the chocolate. You can do this using a double boiler or in a microwave. To melt with a microwave, microwave for 20 second increments mixing well in between each. When only a few chunks remain, stir until just fully melted. Be careful not to microwave too long or the chocolate may seize and become unusable.
- Once melted, add in the chia seeds, 3 tablespoons of goji berries, ¼ cup of broken pretzel pieces, and ¼ cup of roughly chopped pecans. Mix well until everything is evenly incorporated.
- Pour chocolate into a baking dish (approximately 12 inches x 8.5 inches) lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner. Using a spatula, smooth out the chocolate to create a thin even layer about ¼ inch thick. The chocolate should be chunky and won’t lay flat—that’s okay, as long as there’s enough chocolate to hold everything together!
- Top with remaining goji berries, pretzels, and whole raw pecans. Use your finger to gently push all the toppings into the soft chocolate until partially embedded so everything will stick when the chocolate hardens.
- Set in the fridge to harden for 1 hour. Once hard, remove from the fridge, break into pieces by hand, and serve!
Have extra pecans, goji berries, and pretzels? Mix them together for a snackable trail mix! Pecans are so versatile and make it easy to add a protein boost to smoothie bowls, oatmeal, salads, and beyond. Go nuts!
Keywords: chocolate bark, vegan, vegetarian, chocolate, dessert, dairy-free, superfoods, DIY, homemade, gifts, holiday, valentine's day, Christmas, party