This summer tomato salad is bursting with flavor from sweet cherry tomatoes and corn, creamy avocado, and zesty lime!
- 4 cups of cherry tomatoes (halved or quartered)
- 1.5 cups of frozen or canned corn kernels
- 1/3 cup of red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup of cilantro (roughly chopped (or sub other herb such as green onion or parsley))
- 2 limes (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1.5 ripe avocados (chopped into small chunks)
- If you are using frozen corn kernels, boil a small pot of water. Add the corn to the boiling water and reduce the heat. Boil gently for about 5 minutes, or until the corn is tender. If you are using canned corn, skip this step.
- Add the tomatoes, corn, red onion, and cilantro (or other herbs) to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Squeeze the fresh lime juice into the bowl. Add the olive oil and a bit of salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- This salad tastes best when chilled. Just before serving, chop the avocado and add it to the salad, then gently toss and serve!
Keywords: tomato salad, summer salad, tomato corn salad