These stuffed sweet potatoes are the perfect healthy meal for a crisp fall day. Pair it with our candied walnuts and it is a match made in heaven! Enjoy this delicious meal cozied up at home in your slippers.
- 2 orange-fleshed sweet potatoes or yams
- 2 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries
- ½ cup of candied walnuts
- ¼ cup kale, blanched and finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of water
- To cook the sweet potatoes, pierce each several times with a fork. Place one sweet potato at a time in a bowl with ½ inch of water and cook for 8-15 minutes in the microwave, until soft all the way through. Repeat for second sweet potato. Cooking time will depend on the size of your sweet potato and the strength of your microwave.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking, prepare the sauce by simply whisking together the tahini, lemon juice, and water.
- Prepare the candied walnuts (see our recipe for those at worldofvegan.com/candied-walnuts)
- Once cooked, place each sweet potato on a dish, slice each in half lengthwise, and using a fork, mash the flesh. Mix in a dash of salt and pepper until well-combined.
- Sprinkle with your pomegranate seeds or dried cranberries, candied walnuts, blanched kale, and tahini dressing. Serve and enjoy hot!
Keywords: stuffed potatoes, stuffed sweet potatoes, fall vegan recipe, candied walnuts