This flavorful appetizer made from simple whole foods ingredients will make any mushroom lover squeal with delight! Impress your guests with these vegan stuffed mushrooms!
- 20 crimini caps
- 1–2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 cups of crimini mushrooms, thinly sliced (slice and use stems in the recipe as well)
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 tablespoon of garlic, minced
- ½ cup of walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon of yellow miso
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Bake mushroom caps (de-stemmed) for 8 -10 minutes.
- In a sauté pan, heat oil on medium heat. Add mushrooms and stems and cook until tender, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside, let cool.
- Place mushrooms and remaining ingredients, except the caps, in a food processor and blend until evenly incorporated. Occasionally scrape sides while continuing to blend. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Stuff the baked mushroom caps with the mushroom walnut pâté and serve!
- This mushroom walnut pâté can also be served up on crackers or crostini instead of in baked mushroom caps.
Keywords: appetizer, mushrooms, stuffed mushrooms, vegetarian, vegan appetizer, hors d'oeuvre