Satisfy your summer vibes with this super fruity and sparkly spritzer! With its fresh, sweet, and slightly tart flavor, you’ll be reminded of bright, sunny days, warm winds, and heavenly holidays off. Feel free to wear your bathing suit when enjoying this beverage!
- 1 cup of sliced strawberries, tops removed and chopped
- 1 cup of sliced ripe peaches (about 2 medium, without skin if preferred), chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons of your favorite sweetener (maple syrup, brown sugar, agave, etc.)
- 1 cup of seltzer or tonic water (your choice of flavor, though lime works well)
- Wash, dry, and chop up the fruit.
- Add fruit to the blender, with the strawberries near the blade so that the mixture will blend more easily.
- Add your sweetener, cover, and blend for 30 seconds to a minute until your fruit mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly over 2 glasses. Fill each glass the rest of the way with seltzer water.
- If you have any leftover fruit, slice and place on the side of the glasses as a garnish. You can even add a cute paper umbrella or glass straw if you’d like. Enjoy!
- For an even tastier spritzer, make sure that your fruit is fully ripe and, if possible, in season. Early summer is the perfect time to make this recipe if you have access to a local farmer’s market or grow your own.
- Experiment with sweetness. If your fruit isn’t ripe, you might need more sweetener. If your fruit is super sweet, you might want less or leave it out all together.
- Enjoy this fruity drink by itself, if you don’t like seltzer or bubbly water. You could even add fresh fruit juice instead. For a party, try mixing with lemon/lime soda (just make sure to exclude the added sweetener from the recipe or it might be too sweet).
- Makes a lovely breakfast or brunch beverage. Pair with bowls of salty, crispy popcorn for a special savory and sweet snack!
- If you like a thinner texture, feel free to pour the fruit mixture through a fine mesh sieve before serving into glasses.
Keywords: beverage, spritzer, fresh, summer, cool, refreshment, refreshing, peach, strawberry, drink