Sometimes we just need something fresh to cool down! This strawberry and mint lemonade is a great way to make that happen. You can add any fruit you love and make your own version.
- 2 cups of fresh strawberries (sliced into quarters, divided)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 5 large lemons (juiced)
- 4 cups of cold water
- 15 fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- 1 lemon sliced (for garnish)
- Place one cup of sliced strawberries in a small pot with the maple syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until strawberries start to soften. Remove from heat and allow to cool for a couple minutes.
- Pour the strawberries and their cooking juice in a blender, add the granulated sugar, and blend until you have a syrup-like consistency. Some chunks are okay. Allow this syrup to cool down.
- In a small pitcher, add the cold water, the juice of the 5 large lemons, and the cooled strawberry mixture (using a spatula to get it all out of your blender). Stir well.
- Mix in the mint leaves, ice cubes, the remaining one cup of fresh strawberry slices, and lemon slices. Mix it all up.
- Adjust to taste. You can add more lemon and/or sugar if you want a more intense or sweeter lemonade flavor. If it's too strong for you add more water.
- Serve in a pretty jar and enjoy!