Jump wholeheartedly into the Halloween season with this spooky and scrumptious Jack-O-Lantern smoothie. Hauntingly healthy with a spine-tingling sweet and spicy fall flavor. Way better than candy and 100% mummy approved!
- 1 large frozen banana
- 1 cup of frozen mango
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon of apple pie or pumpkin spice (adjust to your taste)
- 1 cup of orange juice (freshly squeezed, if possible)
- 1 cup of plant milk (your choice)
- ½ cup of finely sliced carrots (about 1 medium carrot)
- Measure out the fruits, spices, orange juice, and plant milk. Add to your blender.
- Wash, peel (if you wish), and slice the carrot. The thinner the slices, the easier your smoothie will blend. Add to blender. Measure out and add the spices you’d like to use and add these as well.
- Blend on high for about 1 minute, or until smooth and creamy. If the consistency is too thick, add a little more orange juice or plant milk. If the consistency is too thin, either add more carrot or mango pieces to the mixture.
- Serve immediately in Halloween-themed glasses and enjoy!
- Spice Substitutions – Feel free to switch up the spices if you don’t like apple pie or pumpkin pie spices. You can also just use cinnamon and/or add in vanilla extract instead.
- Keep the Carrot – The addition of carrots gives this smoothie its brighter orange color. If you’d rather use fresh carrot juice instead, use ¼ – ½ cup less orange juice and add in ¼ – ½ cup of carrot juice. You might need to add a few cubes of extra frozen mango if the smoothie consistency is too thin.
- Full of fruits and vegetables, gluten-free, dairy-free, nut-free and soy-free (if not using soy or nut milks)
Keywords: beverage, holiday, smoothie, vegetarian, halloween, healthy, carrot, orange, banana, mango