Soba noodles with peanut sauce is a delicious and filling meal for those busy weeknights! Feel free to go wild with whichever vegan proteins and veggies you’d like.
- 1 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce or tamari
- 2 teaspoons of agave or other sweetener
- 1 teaspoon of hot pepper sauce like Sriracha, or more or less to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 to 1½ cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
Vegetable & Noodle Ingredients:
- 4 carrots, chopped into coins
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of frozen edamame
- crushed peanuts or sesame seeds to garnish, optional
- 1 16-ounce package of noodles, cooked according to package instructions
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender, food processor or use an immersion blender to combine well. If you like a thick sauce, use less water. Set aside.
- Steam carrots, broccoli, and edamame for 4 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green.
- Toss the vegetables with the noodles and pour the peanut sauce over it. Serve sprinkled with crushed peanuts or sesame seeds.
If you don’t have soba noodles on hand, spaghetti, angel hair, soba, and udon all work great!
Keywords: peanut sauce, noodles, dinner, vegan, vegetarian, asian