This simple curry is comforting and gently spiced. The sweet, mild flavors of
this dish with its creamy coconut milk sauce make it a great “beginner’s curry.”
Give it a try!
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
- 1 (12-ounce) package of extra-firm tofu, cut into ½ iinch cubes and pressed to reduce excess water
- 3 cups of baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 cups of peeled red or Yukon potatoes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1¾ cups of water
- 1 cup of canned coconut milk, unsweetened
- 1½ tablespoons of red curry paste
- 1 cube of vegetable bouillon
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- cooked rice, for serving
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add the tofu and brown until the edges are crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Combine the tofu, baby carrots, potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, water, coconut milk, red curry paste, bouillon cube, and salt in a slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice and garnished with cilantro.
- Ingredient Variation: Using baby carrots cuts down on prep time, but if you don’t have them, just use peeled, chopped regular carrots.
Keywords: crockpot, easy dinner, red curry, slow cooker, Thai, tofu, vegan, vegetarian,